Good day everyone! We all love to celebrate holidays. But a holiday for a child, you always want to do something special, especially when it comes to the birthday of your unique and adored children.
After all, a child’s birthday is the most important day in every family. Little guests always bring fun, laughter, joyful smiles, funny photos, chores to the house and create such an attractive atmosphere throughout the day.
And therefore, no one will argue with the fact that for all this you will need a children’s festive tasty table. On which there will be a big beautiful cake, and something creative from different products. And of course, everyone wants to decorate the table in a special way, with a creative approach, with various decorative things.
In this article, I will share ideas for children’s meals. Birthday for a child is first of all a holiday for our bellies. Therefore, the menu needs to be simple, but at the same time tasty and healthy.
I would like to note that the menu for a child’s birthday has its own characteristics, this is primarily age-related. The menu for 1 year and the menu for a child at 3 years old or 7 years old, of course, will fundamentally differ from each other.
Conditions for preparing children’s dishes on the festive table
1. In no case should there be smoked meats, too fatty, salty dishes on the children’s table. Try to eliminate fried foods and try to use mayonnaise, pepper and garlic to a minimum.
2. Don’t get carried away with experiments. Remember that children most of all love those dishes that they know and those that are familiar to them in taste.
3. If the kids are still very young, then remove fruits and vegetables that can cause allergies and those that can leave strong stains on clothes.
4. If you are preparing fish dishes for the children’s table, carefully remove all the bones.
5. Eliminate soda. Carbonated water is the enemy for the child’s body. It is better to prepare berry fruit drinks, compotes, natural juices, tea.
Features of compiling a menu for a birthday child 1 year old, 2-3 years old, 5-6 years old
Menu for 1 year old child
Often, many parents do not know what menu to make for a birthday when the child is 1 year old. Due to the fact that the child is still very small. You don’t need to invent something, it’s better to give the child something that is useful and that he loves. For example, it can be his favorite cottage cheese and fruit juice with children’s cookies. And also make a fruit platter of purees. Well, for dessert, you can bake a light biscuit smeared with baby cottage cheese.
Menu for 2-3 years old child
Such a menu should also be simple. After all, a child at 2-3 years old is still too small to eat any delicacies. Exclude any smoked meats, fish, overly fatty and salty dishes from the menu, and of course recipes with mayonnaise. You can cook some vegetable salad, mashed potatoes and meatballs, snacks with cottage cheese and raisins, uzvara or jelly. You can offer little guests natural juice from fruits or berries.
Menu for 5-6 years old child
For this age, the menu is much easier to create, because children of these ages are allowed to eat almost all the ingredients. But still, it is better to serve chicken or lean beef first. As a side dish, you can use pasta or mashed potatoes. A salad would be best made from vegetables, such as tomatoes and cucumbers. Drinks can be used different types of fruit drinks, juices. Well, for dessert, a biscuit soaked in cottage cheese with berries.
The best and most delicious recipes for children’s birthday
How to make sure that all children are happy and very full? The answer is simple, turn on your ingenuity and imagination and beautifully decorate the festive dishes. Even the simplest ones, such as mashed potatoes with sausages, simple buckwheat porridge or pasta, can be decorated in an original and fabulous way, here are the options I picked up:
In order to make a birthday bright and unforgettable, I offer this menu for a child’s birthday:
Salads for children, recipes with photos are simple and delicious for a birthday
Parents are always ready to feed their children for the holiday not only tasty, but also to make the dish very bright and original.
I bring to your attention 2 options for children’s salads.
Option number 1 Simple and tasty salad for a child’s birthday
We will need:
- Boiled chicken – 150 g (fillet or breast)
- Boiled potatoes – 200 g.
- Tomato – 1 pc.
- Kiwi – 2 pcs.
- Boiled carrots – 1 pc.
- Boiled eggs – 1 pc.
- Natural yogurt or sour cream – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Greens – to taste
1. Boil potatoes in their skins. Remove the skin from it and cut into cubes.
2. Chicken meat should be boiled and also cut into cubes.
3. Kiwi cut into small pieces.
4. Now it remains to cut the tomatoes, chop them into cubes too.
5. Salt, add natural yogurt and mix well.
6. Well, now you need to decorate the salad in a peculiar way. Like I did for example. Quite simple and beautiful at the same time! Grate the carrots and lay them on the entire surface of the salad. Make the details of a funny bunny out of eggs. Well, make grass out of greenery. Bon Appetit!
Option number 2 Simple children’s salad for a child on his birthday
We will need:
- green apple – 1 pc.
- carrots – 1 pc.
- egg – 1 pc.
- corn – half a can
- sour cream for dressing – 2-3 tbsp
1. Grate carrots and eggs.
2. Apples need to be cut into small cubes.
3. Mix all products together. Or you can put this beauty unmixed on the table. And when there is a dinner party, mix everything well and add sour cream.
And now, I suggest watching this video “Salads for a children’s holiday. Top 5 recipes for children’s salads ”
Sandwiches on the festive table, simple options for children
You can come up with many options for decorating children’s sandwiches, just take the usual ingredients, invent some kind of cartoon character or animal using cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, cottage cheese, radishes, bread and any other products, like this
Option number 1 Sandwiches for children “Ladybug”
To make your little guests happy, please them with cool sandwiches in the form of ladybugs.
We will need:
- toasted bread – 10 pieces
- cheese – 200 g.
- cherry tomatoes – 5 pcs.
- garlic – 1 clove
- olives – 6 pcs.
- sour cream – 4-5 tsp
- greenery for decoration
1. Take the cheese and grate it on a fine grater. Add quite a bit of garlic to it. Pass the garlic through a press. Mix cheese and garlic together, adding sour cream.
2. Spread this mixture on slices of bread.
3. Cut cherry tomatoes and olives into halves. Cut a little off the stem. In this place you will need to put half of the olives.
4. In order to create like wings, make small cuts in the tomatoes.
5. Now stack the tomatoes and olives on the spreaded bread. Make black dots, for this chop the olives into very small pieces. Eyes can be made in the form of dots with sour cream. Put greens instead of grass. And here’s what should happen. Beauty! And deliciousness!
Option number 2 Sweet quick children’s sandwich “Mug”, a step-by-step recipe with a photo
This type of sandwich is quite fast and easy to assemble)))
We will need:
- white bread
1. Dry the bread. This can be done in a toaster or oven.
2. Take the butter and spread it on the bread slices.
3. Remove the peel from the orange and cut it into circles. Place the circle on the butter.
4. Cut out the eyes and mouth from the prunes.
Important! Don’t forget to rinse the prunes well!
5. Now decorate our funny sandwich! Sweet and tasty sandwich is ready! Treat kids to health!
You can offer many options for decorating children’s sandwiches, the main thing is to think of who or what you want to decorate the dish as. Here is another video with sandwich decorations.
Children’s sandwiches “Lion cub and hare”
Chicken skewers in the oven on skewers
Another option is to cook chicken skewers and potato colored balls. If you are celebrating a children’s holiday in nature, then you can easily cook pork kebab for older children.
We will need:
- poultry meat – 700 g
- sour cream – 3 tbsp
- olive oil – 2 tbsp
- lemon juice
- onion – 1 pc.
- pepper and salt
1. Cut boneless chicken pieces into pieces.
2. Prepare the marinade. To do this, mix sour cream, lemon juice, pepper and salt.
3. Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces. Add chopped onion to the ingredients. Stir. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
4. After the meat has marinated, put the pieces on skewers. You don’t need to wear a bow! Wrap each skewer in foil. Put in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. The kebab is ready, remove the foil.
Potato colored balls “Traffic light”
This first hot dish will be completely natural, both girls and boys love it, you can use it even at home, even in the playroom! You can cook it in winter and summer.
We will need:
- potatoes – 1 kg
- butter – 50 g;
- cream – 200 ml;
- carrot juice – 3 tbsp. l.;
- beetroot – 3 tbsp. l.;
- spinach juice – 3 tbsp. l.
1. Make potato puree. Add cream to puree.
2. The potato mass should be homogeneous and airy.
3. Now divide the puree into 3 parts. Add carrot juice to the first, beetroot juice to the second, and spinach juice to the third.
4. Form balls from each type of puree. Put the balls on a baking sheet greased with vegetable oil and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees. Such multi-colored balls will be a very beautiful addition to the festive table.
You can make mashed potatoes in the form of flowers. Looks great and simple!
Sweet table for birthday, menu
Fruit, cookies and, of course, a cake are suitable for a sweet table for children.
Fruits can be laid out in an original and zest way, for example like this:
Birthday tartlets for children with filling
I suggest making children’s sweet tartlets.
We will need:
- shortbread dough baskets – 15 pcs.
- condensed milk – 1 can
- cream – 1 tbsp.
- gelatin – 2 tbsp
- nuts, kiwi, chocolate for decoration
1. Following the instructions, soak the gelatin with water.
2. Next, combine it with condensed milk and cream.
3. Fill the tartlets with the resulting mixture.
4. After that, put the tartlets in the refrigerator so that the cream hardens.
5. Garnish with fruit and chocolate. Chop small nuts on top. It turned out amazingly delicious! Cook with joy!
Children’s birthday drinks at home
As for drinks, you can offer natural compotes cooked at home, juices, uzvars and morsiks.
And you can cook milk jelly. This is a very tasty and healthy drink, especially in childhood. There are children who do not like to drink milk, but milk jelly will be a salvation for the majority, because it can be cooked not only on a birthday, but for example for an afternoon snack.
We will need:
- fresh cow’s milk – 600 ml
- sugar – 60 g
- potato starch – 40 g
- cold water – 120 ml
1. Pour the milk and place it in a cooking pot. Put to cook on the stove
2. While the milk is cooking, take care of the starch. Pour water into the starch and mix thoroughly so that there are no lumps.
3. As soon as the milk boils, add sugar to it. Mix well so that it dissolves and there are no grains of sugar.
4. Now carefully, very slowly, pour the starch into the milk in a thin stream.
Important! When you pour in the starch, you must always stir the milk so that clots do not form.
5. Boil the jelly for about 1-2 minutes after the milk boils again. And then take it off the stove. Cool down. Let the child try. Can be poured into a skanchik and sprinkled with chocolate chips.
And you can decorate with slices of tangerines, which will cause violent emotions and a desire to quickly eat this delicious dish.
Here is such an interesting holiday menu that can turn out for a child. The main thing is to want to please him! and decorate everything nicely.
Make your child’s birthday unforgettable! Give him your love, care and attention and then you will see that the child will reciprocate! What dishes do you usually cook in your family, how do you decorate them?
Treat guests with delicious dishes and, as they say, bon appetit, friends.
PS I think that when a child has such a significant day in his life, and even if he is a preschooler, then you will definitely take treats to kindergarten. I have an interesting idea on how to beautifully pack treats for kindergarten. This can be done in the form of a cake. In more detail how to make one, an article on this blog may be separately devoted.
The birthday of a child is a serious event. To please the baby and make the holiday unforgettable, parents have to try very hard. It is necessary to carefully consider the scenario of the event, entertainment and leisure for children.
The festive table plays a special role at the birthday party, it should be originally decorated, and the cooked food should be not only tasty, but also beautifully decorated, so that the children would be interested in trying various dishes. And so that no one leaves the holiday hungry. When choosing dishes for a holiday, it is better to be guided by the gastronomic preferences of children.
In this article, we will consider how to properly compose a menu for the birthday of a child who is 7 years old or more.
Depending on how old the child is, and what age children will be present at the holiday, it is necessary to prepare a certain children’s table.
For younger children (8-10 years old), you can prepare tasty and healthy meals, for example:
- vegetable salads with chicken or turkey fillet;
- kanapeshki with cheese or salted salmon;
- various meat rolls;
- a cake that will contain a variety of decorations made from mastic.
For teenage children (11-13) you can prepare a full table:
- a variety of salads and snacks;
- pork medallions (french fries will go with a bang as a side dish);
- pasta (different colors and shapes);
- pizza with a variety of toppings;
- chicken nuggets;
- hamburgers and burgers.
For a sweet table, you can bake an intricate cake or make small sweets, such as jellies or pancakes.
Children of different ages from 7 to 14 years old will like the candy bar, which can include a variety of cupcakes, donuts and other sweets.
Regardless of the age of the children invited to the birthday party (whether they are children aged 9 years or teenagers 12.13 years old), fruits and vegetables should be on the table. It can be both exotic fruits, for example, bananas, kiwi, tangerines or pineapples, as well as fruits and berries that correspond to the season, for example, apricots, peaches, grapes, strawberries, currants.
As a snack and decoration for a children’s table, you can use figures carved from vegetables or small sandwiches prepared on the basis of a wide variety of ingredients.
When choosing products for a children’s holiday, give preference to only the freshest. Do not cook dishes from components whose expiration date is approaching the end or has expired. The children’s body will not be able to digest such food and mass poisoning can be provoked.
It is also better not to use frozen vegetables and fruits, opt for seasonal fruits. This will help not only save money, but also save the child’s body from excess nitrates. For example, do not surprise the children gathered on the birthday of a child born in February with watermelon or strawberries. Such a berry will not bring benefits to anyone, since it contains a lot of harmful substances.
It is better to replace such a dessert with apples or citrus fruits. Let the serving of familiar fruits be framed in an unusual way. Such a dish will not only decorate the table, but will also arouse the interest of children
As a dressing for a dish, it is better to refuse mayonnaise, replacing it with vegetable or olive oil, sour cream, or prepare another original dressing.
When preparing dishes for children, you should not experiment with taste by combining incompatible products. Most children are conservatives and will prefer the usual food, and the extravagant dish will remain untouched.
It is not recommended to serve seafood dishes for a children’s party, some children may have an allergic reaction to them. Oysters, mussels, squids are best left for an adult audience.
Here are a few recipes that can be included in the children’s holiday table menu.
To prepare them, you will need 500 grams of chicken fillet, 250 grams of cream with 10% fat, vegetable oil for frying, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper. Rinse the chicken fillet well and cut into small pieces. Their approximate length and width should be 2.5 – 3 centimeters. To make the meat not so tough, it needs to be beaten off slightly. Salt, pepper the chicken fillet and pour over the cream. Refrigerate for about 4 hours to marinate the meat well.
After this time, the fillet is removed from the refrigerator. Each piece must be dipped on all sides in breadcrumbs and fried in vegetable oil until a golden crust appears. You can serve this dish with mashed potatoes or french fries.
Pizza will appeal to both young guests and teenage children. For its preparation you will need: 2 cups of flour, 0.5 cups of milk, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, tomatoes, bell peppers, cheese, basil. Knead the dough. To do this, mix flour and salt, beat in eggs and pour vegetable oil, pour warm milk. You should mix the ingredients well until you get a dough of a uniform consistency. It should be wrapped in a towel and left for 20 minutes. At this time, prepare the tomato sauce: rub the tomatoes on a fine grater. Boil them with a small amount of finely chopped basil over low heat. Grate the cheese on a coarse grater, cut the tomatoes and sweet pepper into rings. Roll out the dough and spread it with cooled tomato sauce,
You can also use boiled sausage or chicken fillet as a filling (it must be cut into small pieces, boiled or fried beforehand). The pizza form is placed in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for about 20 minutes. Pizza goes great with tomato juice.
Turkey or chicken rolls
You will need a chicken or turkey fillet – about 1 kilogram. The meat must be cut into pieces, the thickness of which is approximately 1 centimeter. Beat the meat from 2 sides, salt and pepper. On a coarse grater, you need to grate the cheese, add a finely chopped clove of garlic and a little sour cream. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed until a homogeneous mass is formed. A small amount of cheese filling is laid out for each piece of fillet, after which the meat must be rolled up and secured with a toothpick so that it does not “disperse” during cooking.
The rolls are laid out in a baking dish, it must first be greased with vegetable oil. You need to bake at a temperature of 220 degrees for 30-35 minutes. As a sauce, prepare this dressing: rub the cucumber smaller and mix with a small amount of sour cream. Rice or mashed potatoes can be used as a side dish.
To prepare canapes, you can use a variety of products: cheese, cut into small cubes, small pickled cucumbers and mushrooms, olives or black olives, lightly salted salmon fillet, smoked sausage and much more.
It is better not to dwell on one variant of canapes, but to prepare several different types. So the child will be able to choose exactly those foods that he eats.
Light vegetable salad
You can prepare a light vegetable salad: cut tomatoes, sweet peppers, cucumber into small cubes. You can diversify this dish if you add diced mozzarella or feta. You can also replace cheese with boiled and lightly fried chicken or turkey fillet. It is better to dress the salad with olive oil with the addition of lemon juice.
Potato baked in a pot
Potato baked in a pot will appeal to children of all ages. To prepare it, you will need meat (you can take chicken fillet or lean pork). The meat should be thoroughly washed and cut into small pieces, add potatoes, cut into cubes. Place potatoes with meat in pots, salt and pepper. Cream mix half with boiled water and pour the contents of the pots.
The pots are sent to the oven preheated to 220 degrees for at least 1 hour. Check the degree of readiness of the meat – if it is soft, then you can turn it off. 15 minutes before the dish is ready, it is recommended to sprinkle grated cheese on top.
The design of the table also plays an important role. If you are planning a theme party, then the children’s table should be decorated accordingly. You can purchase napkins, tablecloths, cups and plates that will emphasize the chosen theme of the holiday.
For example, for a girl, you can arrange a real fabulous party by decorating the room and the table of a little princess or fairy. You can also beat the cartoons “Beauty and the Beast”, “The Little Mermaid”, cartoons about unicorns and magic ponies, beloved by many girls. Pink napkins, cups and caps will help create the appropriate fairy-tale mood. Each guest can be given a magic wand.
For a boy, you can prepare a pirate party by decorating the table with a matching tablecloth. As sandwiches, you can serve boats or arrange pizza in the form of a crab.
For teenagers, you can choose the theme of space or professions, as well as your favorite movie characters.
In the design of the table, consider the preferences of your child , let him take an active and direct part in preparing for the upcoming celebration. This will allow you not only to please your baby, but also to have fun with him during the preparatory phase.
In addition, the child will be able to tell you the gastronomic preferences of his friends, so that you can prepare dishes that will appeal to all young guests.
The photos below show beautiful examples of decorating dishes for a children’s table. For example, a palm tree can be made from chopped fruits, using sliced \u200b\u200bbananas as a tree trunk. Leaves can be made from kiwi slices, and garnished with orange slices at the bottom. A variety of fruit baskets look beautiful on the table. They can be either large (in this case, melon is used for their base) or small (for example, halves of oranges).
Multi-colored jelly will become a real decoration and a wonderful delicacy, especially if you place it in a transparent tall glass.
You can make beautiful canapes in the form of boats, or decorate sandwiches with fancy emoticons or ladybugs from cherry tomato slices.
Do not be afraid to fantasize to decorate the table. It will be interesting for children not only to look at beautifully served food, but also to try it. And then the holiday will be remembered by both your child and all the guests present.
For information on how to organize a festive menu for a child’s birthday, see the following video.
All kids are looking forward to the most important holiday of the year – their birthday. On this wonderful day, they are given many gifts, guests and friends come. Everyone is happy and eating a delicious cake. However, for mothers, this holiday often becomes a source of unrest and trouble. They are wondering what is so delicious to cook on the children’s table . Not all foods can be eaten by small children.
Rules for choosing dishes
If you are going to buy products for the festive children’s table, cefully consider the entire menu. Be sure to pay attention to the presence of allergic reactions in the child or intolerance to certain products. If you invite other kids to visit, you should check with mothers what foods their children should not eat. This will allow you to plan the menu in advance and not get into a mess with cooked dishes
Do not include too spicy, hot, smoked or pickled dishes in the menu. Even when food is fresh, babies may experience tummy pains or upset stools.
Choose pitted fruits. During the children’s holiday, kids are often in a hurry or run. During the game, they can grab the fruit and choke on the bone. Rinse all fruits thoroughly, it is better to remove the peel
Choose neutral dishes, without an abundance of ingredients. Fruits and low-fat cheese go well together. It can be a great appetizer and a good start to a children’s party. You should not prepare salads with a lot of products included in them. It is better to choose dishes that include no more than 2-3 ingredients. This is, for example, cabbage salad with sweet corn and carrots
Refueling should also be as neutral as possible. Try to cook several dishes with different dressings. Perhaps some babies who were invited to the holiday should not have dairy products. In this case, you can cook one salad, but in two versions. Fill one with vegetable oil, and the other with sour cream
For teenagers, you can dress the salad with mayonnaise, mixed in equal proportions with sour cream or non-acidic yogurt.
Do not cook the usual dishes that you eat every day. Soups for a children’s party are not the best choice. It is better to cook a delicious hot dish, choosing the main product by age. Chicken is the best choice. Usually all kids love chicken meat. After a year, children can cook a variety of meatballs, kebabs, casseroles using chicken. A good alternative would be turkey.
Still, you should not choose fish for a children’s holiday table. Every fish has small bones. When cleaning and butchering fish, you can leave a few unnoticed bones that babies can choke on. It is also worth noting that not all kids love fish. It is better to postpone it for ordinary days, excluding it from the festive menu
The choice of desserts should also be taken very carefully. Today in stores you can find a variety of options for cakes and pastries. However, it is better to buy finished products for kids from 5 years old. For younger children, it is better to bake the cake at home. This way you will know exactly which products have been used.
If your little one is intolerant of eggs or dairy products, you can substitute them or choose a different cake recipe. When cooking at home, you can choose all your child’s favorite fruits or confectionery for decoration. You can also order a cake from a pastry shop . In this case, be sure to check the reviews of visitors and stop choosing only reliable options.
Usually children’s parties are very noisy. Kids have fun, play, run. Of course they want to drink. Be sure to make sure that you have enough drinks prepared before the holiday
Toddlers are very fond of carbonated drinks, but this is not the best choice. Such cooling drinks can damage the stomach lining. It is better to give your preference to homemade fruit drinks or compote. You can make fruit drink from berries. Think of how to present everything in an original way. You can dilute the fruit drink with carbonated mineral water and decorate with an interesting tube with an orange slice. Serve it like a cocktail, and the baby will be very pleased.
If you decide to organize a baby’s birthday at home, first decide what format of the event you will choose . There are several options for organizing a children’s holiday:
- In the apartment . Pre-decorate the room where the celebration will take place. Kids love theme parties. If your child loves a particular cartoon or movie character, you can decorate the festive table and room with the main characters drawn. The simplest design option: posters on the walls and curtains, themed cups and napkins on the table. Children can prepare masks or thematic elements of the holiday (for example, make crowns or tiaras for girls, and choose pirate hats for boys).
- Outdoors. In this case, take care of all the necessary things that you will need to organize a picnic. You will need a large beautiful tablecloth that is easy to wash and clean from spilled drinks. If you are planning a camping trip, it is better to choose disposable tableware. In supermarkets, you can find a large number of different types of beautiful disposable tableware with images of cartoon characters. Don’t forget to take straws for children’s drinks and cocktails. Be sure to bring plenty of paper napkins. Choose bright colors that will decorate and diversify the decor of your holiday table.
- Buffet table . It is an excellent choice for organizing a children’s holiday. You can also think of interesting options for serving dishes, including sweets. To decorate such a festive table, choose a variety of options for snacks, canapes and sandwiches. Toddlers are very fond of snacks – especially in cases where they are interestingly decorated. Choose simple options for serving, rather than spicy seasonings, onions and garlic. On the table, put all snacks away from each other so that the kids do not accidentally break the dishes.