A great idea for a home party or informal communication in the office is to organize a buffet table.
In translation from French, a buffet table is a fork. This cutlery is used as the main one at the buffet table.
A buffet is when:
- the congregation eats while standing;
- choose their own food
- most often, they serve themselves;
- the main purpose of the event is communication, and the secondary purpose is a snack;
- maximum free space for movement and discussion of issues for which everyone has gathered;
- minimum space occupied by tables;
- an abundance of plates with great bite-sized snacks and drinks.
At this event, each guest can easily move around and find an interesting and pleasant companion.
It costs nothing for a creative manager to organize a buffet table. Main idea! If you are trying to hold this buffet at home or at work for the first time, then we will share some interesting recipes for preparing snacks for the buffet table.
What snacks satisfy the term “buffet”?
Light snacks for the buffet table are usually simply prepared, but served in a fantasy way . Any products will work.
If you grasp the basic principle of cooking, you can invent your signature recipes quickly and easily. The main thing is to take care in advance about buying tartlets, canapes, crackers of various tastes, bread rolls.
Consider the most popular options for quick snacks.
Great option – buffet appetizer on a skewer
The good thing is that it is easy to use. Meat, vegetables, seafood or fruits – you can put everything on a skewer.
- Products that require heat treatment before the attachment are easily fried in an elementary batter (a mixture of water, 1 yolk and flour).
- The simplest recipe is to stick cheese of various varieties on a skewer, alternating with pineapple cubes, cherries, multi-colored grapes and olives or olives.
Nice, buffet snacks and small canapes will wonderfully decorate the festive table.
To get started, we offer a list of blitz ideas for a buffet menu.
- You can make small puff pastry or yeast dough pies with a variety of fillings.
- Prepare a salad (1 tomato, cheese, herbs, mayonnaise), finely chop everything. Prepare your chips. Before serving, put the salad on the chips.
- You can also add red or black caviar to the chip plate, decorating with a dill sprig.
- Prepare the mixture (boiled eggs, cheese, garlic to taste, mayonnaise). Grate everything finely and mix into a homogeneous mass. If desired, you can add herbs or spices. Fill the prepared tartlets.
- Also, for snacks in tartlets, a mixture of grated Roquefort cheese and lemon juice (1 tsp per 80 g of cheese) is perfect . For decoration, we use ground pepper, greens, a circle of tomato or cucumber.
- As a base for a light snack, it is convenient to use multi-colored peppers . To do this, cut the bell pepper lengthwise into wide strips. We put a mixture of cottage cheese and sour cream prepared in advance on each strip, add garlic and salt to taste. Decorate with an olive.
By the way, instead of garlic, you can add green onions and a variety of greens to the cottage cheese.
Sandwiches – perfect for a buffet table. Suitable for any cut. Show originality!
Snacks for a buffet table in the office can be ordered from specialized catering companies with delivery on the day of the holiday. In this case, the menu options will be offered to you by the specialists of the supplier.
For those who decide to put their hands on the preparation of the buffet table, or to diversify it, we offer:
Step-by-step recipes for cold buffet appetizers with photos
Cold fish snacks
In cooking, use skewers or fill tartlets
Perfectly diversify the buffet table. Delicious and bright. Easy to prepare.
- salmon, cut into thin slices;
- hard cheese;
- olives or olives.
The number of products depends on the number of guests.
- Cook rice as usual. We do not add salt.
- Boil an egg. Grate. Combine with boiled rice in one mass.
- Cheese, also grate and add to the rice-egg mass.
- Add mayonnaise, mix. You should get a sticky thick mass.
- Put 1 tbsp on a piece of fish. a spoonful of the prepared mass. Roll up into a roll.
- Secure with a toothpick or skewer. Decorate with an olive.
- slightly salted herring;
- puff pastry or ready-made tartlets;
- cottage cheese;
- sour cream;
- We cut out any shapes from the dough.
- Beat the egg and brush the shapes. Bake at 220° for 15-20 minutes.
- Boil a couple of eggs and take out the yolk. Peel the herring, remove the bones. Chop a good part into rectangles.
- We turn the rest of the ugly herring, cottage cheese, yolks and sour cream into minced meat with a blender.
- This is what the mixture should look like.
- Putting the tarts – put the mixture on the tart and decorate with greens paws.
A buffet table is one of the best solutions for a themed party. Don’t know what style to spend it? We offer our ideas for your holiday.
- a couple of eggplants;
- several tomatoes;
- vegetable oil;
- ground pepper;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- salt and herbs.
These unusual snacks on skewers are prepared as follows:
- Sprinkle sliced eggplant with salt and leave for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the circles and dry.
- Fry on both sides.
- Pepper and salt the cooked eggplant.
- Coarsely chop the garlic, fry and discard. We need the resulting oil with the smell of garlic.
- Slice the tomatoes too.
- Saute tomatoes in garlic butter.
- We make cheese sticks.
- We prepare the turret: eggplant – cheese – eggplant.
- Top with a circle of tomato.
- Pierce the resulting sandwiches with a skewer and put in the oven for a couple of minutes. You need the cheese to melt.
Arrange on platter, garnish and serve.
For cooking you need:
- long thin loaf;
- mozzarella or feta cheese;
- garlic, a couple of cloves;
- different greens;
- vegetable oil or butter for frying.
- Cut the tomatoes into circles.
- In a bowl, mash the cheese with a fork.
- Chop greens. Pass the garlic through a press.
- Mix cheese, herbs and garlic.
- Fry slices of bread in oil.
- We cover the pieces of loaf with the prepared mass.
- Decorate with a circle of tomatoes and herbs.
Cold meat appetizers for buffet
Salad with bacon
Delicious and bright appetizer. Simple and quick to prepare.
- bacon – 100 gr. ;
- cherry tomatoes – 6 pcs. ;
- lettuce leaves;
- loaf – 3 pieces;
- lemon juice – 15 ml;
- olive oil – 30 ml.
- Cut the bacon and fry until crispy.
- Cut the loaf into cubes and dry in a pan.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, tear the lettuce leaves. Add croutons and bacon.
- Mix and dress the salad with oil and lemon juice.
Meat in oranges
Juicy, low-fat, with a pleasant citrus flavor and aroma dish.
What is needed for cooking?
- beef meat 1 kg;
- oranges 2 pcs. ;
- spices, onions and salt to taste.
- We take a piece of meat in the form of a bar. We cut not to the end.
- We cut the onion and oranges into rings.
- Rub beef with spices and salt.
- We fill the cuts with onion and orange rings.
- Transfer the meat to the mold. Add some water.
- Cover tightly with foil. Pierce the foil with a needle in several places. Bake in the oven at 200-220 for 1.5 hours
The dish is ready! Carefully remove the foil, hot steam can burn . Let the meat stand for 20 minutes, then cut into portions.
By the way, try the oranges! Very tasty!
The photos below will help you.
Fruit salad in pineapple
Fragrant, beautiful and delicious dessert.
You will need:
- powdered sugar;
- a pineapple;
- Cut the pineapple in half.
- We take out the pulp and cut into cubes, like the rest of the fruit.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Fill with yogurt.
- We put the finished salad in half of the pineapple.
It is enough to cut a variety of fruits into cubes and arrange on plates in different proportions. Then each dish will have its own color scheme .
The photo shows the original ways of decorating fruit slices and canapés with fruits.
Sooner or later, all employees have a question: how best to celebrate a holiday at work and what dishes to feed the eternally hungry colleagues. The buffet at work is relevant for February 23, March 8, and other holidays. We share ideas for a budget, fast and tasty buffet.
Let’s talk about a buffet table that you can organize at work yourself and how to feed colleagues in a classic office – without using the kitchen. We expect a maximum of 50 people.
Consider two options for preparing for a buffet table. 1. Food constructor – some preparations are made at home, and everything is just assembled at work. 2. We cook everything in the office , using the hands of colleagues, knives and dishes for serving. We divided 15 recipes into 2 groups. You can mix them together or choose a more convenient option for yourself.
Important: do not forget to buy disposable tableware (at least plates for snacks, forks and cups), preferably a disposable paper tablecloth and garbage bags (for ease and speed of cleaning tables), napkins. Plastic food containers will not interfere either . If there was a lot of food, but not very many eaters, you can put the food into containers and leave it the next day in the refrigerator or distribute it to those who wish to go home.
We cook at home, we collect a buffet table at work
Ham, cheese and mayonnaise
Ham and cheese rolls are an excellent appetizer that many will appreciate.
At home: Boil the eggs and grate the cheese. At work: Spread filling over ham slices, roll up. You will need: a hob and a grater.
Ham rolls with cheese
Caesar on skewers
Caesar salad-themed skewers appetizer is a quick and effective take on the popular salad. An ideal dish for a buffet table or for receiving unexpected hungry guests.
At home: make croutons and make dressing. At work: chop the ingredients and string them onto skewers. Required : hob, blender, grater and wooden skewers.
Appetizer on skewers on the theme of Caesar salad
Cottage cheese, sour cream and dill
Of course, in supermarkets you can buy ready-made fresh cheeses with additives, but we are economical and skillful, we prepare the curd spread ourselves. After all, it’s so simple!
At home: prepare the spread. At work: cut the bread by toasting it in a toaster (but this is not necessary!) And spread with curd mass. You will need: a blender and a toaster, if possible.
Curd with dill
Pasta, cheese and nuts
Nowadays, everything Mediterranean and sea is in fashion – so feed your colleagues with “shells” stuffed with cheese and nuts.
At home: boil the pasta, roast the nuts in the oven (but you can also use a dry frying pan), prepare the dressing and cream cheese filling. At work: Stuff pasta, place on lettuce leaves and drizzle with dressing. You will need: hob, oven, mixer.
Shells stuffed with cheese and nuts
4 cheeses and hazelnuts
How many times have we gone through this in new companies! On a beautiful tray, we serve such small white balls – “sweets” made from cheese. Guests refuse – they say it’s too early for sweets. And we insist and then with a smile we observe their facial expressions when they still put the “candy” in their mouths and feel the taste of four cheeses at the same time …
At home: grate hard cheese. At work: prepare the cheese mass and form candies from them, filling them with nuts. Place in refrigerator before serving. You will need: a grater and a refrigerator (at work!)
Sweet peppers, smoked cheese, pineapple and ham
If you want to feed your colleagues with something bright, appetizing and satisfying, but not pies, prepare a salad with Tambov ham. We are sure that all of them will come to you for the recipe of this dish!
At home: prepare the dressing. At work: chop and mix all the ingredients. You will need: grater, colander, hob
Salad of three peppers with ham and cheese
Beets, cheese and pesto
Even if the pesto is ready-made from the store, and you don’t bake the beets for this canapé, but cook and buy cheap goat cheese, all the same, beetroot turrets with cheese will decorate any buffet and feast.
At home: boil or bake beets. At work: build turrets, fastening them with a thin skewer for convenience. You will need: hob or oven, skewers.
Beetroot turrets with soft cheese
Lavash, cream cheese, salmon and sweet pepper
Such an appetizer always looks spectacular, is prepared simply and it is convenient to eat.
These pita rolls with different fillings are tasty, satisfying, and everyone will like them. As a filling, you can also use thinly sliced ham, sausage, boiled pork and any vegetables cut into strips or cubes.
At home: bake sweet peppers (or use ready-made baked from a jar), grate the zest. At work: prepare 2 toppings and spread them on pita bread. For best taste, put the finished rolls in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes. You will need: oven, grater and refrigerator (at work!)
Lavash rolls with different fillings
Preparing a buffet at work
Buy proven products that you have already tried and appreciated. You should not experiment on colleagues with new tastes and aromas. Wash fruits, even citrus fruits. Take care of the right number of sharp knives for cutting and several cutting boards.
Meat, sausage and cheese cuts plus bread for toast
For a buffet table, such a constructor is a salvation. From sandwiches made from perfectly selected ingredients, hardly anyone will refuse. Your designer will become a buffet hit if you add to it a pate, chicken liver and cranberry jam or herring oil and sweet and sour apple slices. And if you put a toaster nearby, then you will lose some colleagues for a long time.
At work: add finely chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, to ketchup. And prepare mayonnaise either by yourself, or add a little mustard and lemon juice to the finished one – for a unique taste. Finely chopped pickled cucumbers or capers can also be added. You will need: a knife, cutting boards and a toaster, if possible and desired.
Dried ham, arugula, curd cheese and pesto
It seems so simple: ham, arugula and pesto, but why is it so hard to break away from this instant snack?! Maybe the whole thing is in its special Mediterranean flavor.
At work: for quickness, buy pesto in the store, and instead of dry-cured ham (which is now expensive) buy speck. It is denser and saltier than ham, but it is perfect for such an appetizer. You will need: a knife and a cutting board.
Ham rolls with arugula
Shrimps, celery and cucumber
This appetizer of shrimp salad served on a mug of fresh cucumber is especially for girls. It is as if created for lovely ladies’ gatherings, bachelorette parties or receptions in ladies’ work groups. It looks neat, attractive and does not leave an unnecessary feeling of excessive satiety.
At work: add some pickled cucumbers to the salad, and replace some of the sour cream with high-quality mayonnaise. It is better to take small deep-sea shrimp from northern waters, you can even use cocktail ones. Don’t chase big, tropical ones – here their soft and almost neutral taste is useless. You will need: a knife and a cutting board.
Shrimp salad on cucumber slices
Sweet pepper, ham and pineapple
This is a special salad. Everything is unusual in it – from the form of serving to the combination of ingredients. And it is seasoned only with salt, pepper and a small amount of rum – a very good start to the holiday, especially if tomorrow is a day off.
At work: if you still need to work after the buffet, rum and liqueur can be replaced with sugar syrup mixed with lime juice. When buying a pineapple, be sure to smell it, a ripe pineapple is not able to hide its invitingly tropical aroma from buyers. You will need: a knife, a bowl and a cutting board.
Pepper salad in pineapple
Riga bread, curd cheese and smoked salmon
If you spread Riga bread with curd cheese and add a thin slice of smoked salmon, you get an excellent, satisfying and delicious sandwich. We went a little further, making the spread more complicated and building small canapes that are so wonderful to serve on the buffet table.
At work: smoked salmon can be replaced with lightly salted salmon or halibut in general. Adjust the number of layers to your liking, but don’t get carried away – after all, the canape should be small and elegant so that it is convenient to eat with your hands. You will need: a knife and a cutting board.
Smoked salmon appetizer
Fritters, red caviar and avocado
Caviar with pancakes is a classic of Russian cuisine and a traditional festive dish. And if you look at this couple in the light of fashion trends? Here’s what we got: a hearty base, spicy topping and buttercream to it.
At work: pancakes, of course, are better to bake at home! But you can buy ready-made or cut out circles from yeast pancakes if you couldn’t find pancakes in the store. Just for convenience, take a few pancake mugs smeared with avocado cream as a basis. It is unlikely that one pancake will be able to withstand the burden of caviar and cream. Prepare the cream at work, immediately before serving the snack on the table. You will need: a knife and a blender (although the cream can be whipped with a fork if desired).
Pancakes with caviar and avocado cream
Condensed milk, cranberries and pine nuts
Colleagues will be grateful to you if there is something sweet on the buffet table. Realize their dream by preparing a taiga dessert created on the basis of Alexander Karelin’s childhood memories. It’s quick and easy to make and everyone loves it.
At work: And there’s only one substitution possible for this dessert. Instead of lingonberries, you can take cranberries or a mixture of lingonberries and cranberries. The rest is a constant and immutable constant! You will need: portioned dishes for dessert and a refrigerator (at work!)
In any company there will always be vegetarians or fasting people – you should also remember about them and think over a couple of vegan and lean dishes in advance so that everyone is comfortable and pleasant at the holiday. Then the buffet at work will definitely be 5 plus!
How to avoid not quite comfortable consequences of using garlic for cooking buffet dishes?
1. Do not use it at all, replacing it with mustard, lemon juice, creamy horseradish.
2. Cut the garlic clove in half and remove the green sprout.
3. After eating, eat a slice of lemon with zest.
4. Go home and suffer alone there.
In modern society, solemn events are rarely celebrated at a large banquet table. To make leisure more active, and for guests to have the opportunity to dance and chat, it is now customary to arrange receptions. From this article you will learn what to cook on the buffet table and how to properly arrange it.
If you want your guests to remember your holiday for a long time, try to organize it correctly. Here are a few simple tips to help you avoid common mistakes:
- Before you arrange a buffet table, determine its location. Do not put it close to the wall so that guests can freely approach snacks from any direction. The center of the room should also be left free so that there is enough free space for dancing or competitions.
- Remember that the buffet table should be higher than usual. Then it will be convenient for guests to take treats and drinks from it.
- Dishes for the buffet table should be simple and light. They do not include cutlery.
- Place clean dishes at different ends of the table so that guests do not crowd in anticipation of their turn. Place a table on wheels or a tray for used dishes nearby.
- Snacks and drinks are arranged symmetrically from the middle of the countertop to the edges. Keep part of the table empty so that the party members can leave full plates on it and go dancing.
- Be sure to think about how to arrange a buffet table. To do this, you can use fresh flowers, colorful balls and symbols of the holiday (angels, stars, candles, cakes, etc.).
- The buffet table menu at work must be agreed with employees in order to take into account their interests. Usually snacks at the buffet table are served in the form of sandwiches, tarts, tartlets and canapes, and meat delicacies are served in the form of beautifully decorated cuts. Do not forget about fruits that can be beautifully laid out in baskets or tiered plates.
- Decorating dishes for a buffet table is a huge scope for creativity. At a children’s party, snacks can take the form of funny animals, insects or birds. Also, fairy-tale characters, cartoon characters and children’s books may appear on the table.
If you doubt your abilities, then contact an agency that specializes in holding such holidays. They will help you with the organization of the event, provide the services of waiters, cooks and toastmasters.
To prepare festive snacks, you will need a long loaf, baguette or ciabatta. Cut the bread into thin slices, drizzle them with olive oil and lightly dry them in the oven. When the base is ready, you can start preparing different fillings. Sandwich Recipes:
- Finely chop the red onion and pickled capers. Combine products with mascarpone, lemon zest, add a little salt and pepper. Spread the bread with the resulting mass, put a piece of smoked salmon and a spinach leaf on top.
- Roast the bell pepper in the oven, and then remove the skin from it. Spread slices of bread with feta, place strips of pepper and rings of olives on top. Salt and pepper sandwiches.
- Fry boiled shrimp in a little oil with garlic and chili sauce (to taste). When they are ready, combine them with chopped parsley, sprinkle with lemon juice and put on a loaf.
Snacks in tartlets
Small baskets of dough can be used as an independent dish or as an auxiliary – for example, to serve sauces in them. To prepare delicious snacks in tartlets, follow our instructions:
- Combine cod liver (half a can) with chopped dill, capers, finely chopped onion and grated cheese. Fill the rye flour tartlets with the filling and decorate them with herbs.
- Cut lightly salted salmon into large slices, and cucumber into small cubes. Combine melted cheese with mayonnaise and chopped dill. Put the fish on the bottom of the finished tartlets, place the cucumber next to it, and put the cheese mass on top. Decorate with greens.
- Grate egg whites, combine them with melted cheese, mayonnaise and chopped dill. Fill the tartlets with the resulting mass, and put red caviar on top.
Light and beautiful snacks on skewers will delight your guests not only with taste, but also with their appearance. Preparing holiday canapes is very simple:
- Cut the cucumber in half and cut into half rings. Cut the crab sticks into circles, and boil the shrimps in salted water. Prick an olive on a skewer, then two shrimp, a crab stick and fix the structure on a slice of cucumber.
- Cut crab sticks into cubes, and small pickled cucumbers into slices (they should match the size of other components). Prick one olive, one olive, a slice of cucumber on a skewer and set it all on a crab stick.
- Cut the rye bread into slices, the herring fillet into slices, and fresh cucumbers into cubes. Put a slice of bread, fish, cucumber and a sprig of dill, and then pierce the sandwich with a skewer.
Snacks on wooden skewers
To prepare this dish, you will need a long wooden skewer, vegetables, fruits, meat, fish and a little imagination. An appetizer in the form of a mini-kebab is convenient to eat, and it looks quite impressive.
- Cut the rye bread into slices and fry in the oven. Cut hunting sausages into cubes, sweet pepper and cheese into rectangles. Alternately chop the prepared foods on skewers and serve them with a sauce of mayonnaise, tomato paste, chopped herbs and garlic.
- Cut olives and cherry tomatoes in half. Thread half a tomato, mozzarella ball, herbs and olive onto a skewer. A snack in the form of mushrooms will appeal to kids and will be appropriate at a children’s holiday.
- Prick an olive wrapped with a slice of sausage, a cube of cheese, a circle of cucumber and radish on a skewer. Repeat the sequence of steps a few more times. Arrange skewers on a plate and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Ham rolls with stuffing
This simple dish should certainly decorate your buffet table. The recipe for this appetizer is very simple:
- Grate boiled eggs and cheese, cut pickled cucumbers into small cubes, chop dill and garlic.
- Combine foods with mayonnaise. Wrap two tablespoons of the filling in a slice of ham, chop off the edges with a skewer.
- Grate cheese and chicken eggs, add chopped garlic and sour cream. The filling for the rolls is ready.
Cold appetizers from fish
Not a single buffet table is complete without fish slices. You can read the recipe for such an appetizer below:
- To prepare salmon rolls, cut the fish fillet into thin plates. For the filling, mix boiled rice, chopped eggs, grated cheese and mayonnaise.
- Cut out any shapes from puff pastry and bake them in the oven. When the base is ready, grease it with mousse made from herring, cottage cheese, egg yolks and sour cream. Lay a piece of herring and a sprig of parsley on top.
- Forshmak is a very popular snack that is known all over the world, and it is perfect for a buffet table. To prepare it, take a fillet of lightly salted herring without bones, cut it into small pieces. Put the prepared fish, soft-boiled egg, salt, pepper into the bowl and grind everything with a blender. Spread the pieces of toasted black bread with the resulting pâté and garnish them with green onions.
Vegetable cutting from fresh vegetables will decorate any buffet table. Recipe:
- Prepare a large flat dish. Wash vegetables thoroughly before cutting.
- Put the lettuce leaves on the bottom of the plate.
- Cut one tomato into thin circles, and then fold the slices diagonally.
- Place radishes and cucumbers cut into rings next to it.
- Cut medium-sized tomatoes into four parts (in the form of a flower) and place on the edges of the dish.
- Decorate the composition with fresh herbs.
To decorate this dish, you will need molds for curly cutting. If they are not at hand, then use a knife. You can use any seasonal fruits that can decorate the buffet table. Fruit Canape Recipe:
- Cut a banana into slices one centimeter wide, and then cut out a heart from each using a mold. Treat the kiwi the same way.
- Divide the mandarin into slices, and separate the grapes from the branches.
- Prick fruit pieces on skewers in various variations.
- Cut the orange in half, put it on a plate, and then insert it into the top of the canape. Spread the remaining skewers around the edges of the dish.
Rolls stuffed with meat, cheese or fish have recently become very popular. This original hearty treat will decorate any buffet table. Read on for the appetizer recipe:
- Boil the chicken breast in salted water until tender and cut into cubes. Spread thin pita bread on the table, brush with cream cheese and sprinkle with chopped dill. Cover the workpiece with a second sheet of pita bread. Toss the chicken with the shredded melted cheese, place in an even layer on top, then top with Korean carrots. Gently roll up a roll of pita bread with filling, remembering to grease the edge with melted cheese for reliability. Wrap the dish in cling film and leave in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Before serving, the roll should be cut into rings and laid out on a dish in a circle.
- Another appetizer that we recommend you cook is sprat roll. To prepare the filling, you will need to grate any hard cheese on a fine grater, mash the sprats with a fork, chop the whites and yolks of several chicken eggs separately. Spread the Armenian lavash on the work surface, spread it with mayonnaise, sprinkle with garlic to taste, lay out the whites, yolks and sprats. Sprinkle the filling with grated cheese, cover with a second sheet of pita bread and brush the surface again with mayonnaise. Roll up a roll from the workpiece, wrap it with cellophane and place it in the refrigerator. Before serving, cut the appetizer with a sharp knife and arrange beautifully on a flat dish.
The ability to organize the right buffet will help you gain fame as a good hostess. So don’t be afraid to experiment. Feel free to organize family celebrations in this style. Prepare canapes, sandwiches and tartlets according to different recipes. Festive dishes will please your guests, but will not keep them at the table for a long time. Therefore, they will remember the party thanks to fun contests, dances and entertainment.