Wild rosehip, a representative of the Rosaceae family, is a storehouse of the most valuable nutrients that a person needs to maintain his health. As a medicinal raw material, this plant uses absolutely all its parts – roots and twigs, leaves, inflorescences and berries. The healing properties of wild rose are recognized not only by folk, but also by official modern medicine. There are a lot of botanical varieties of this plant – there are more than 100 of them , which grow throughout Russia.
To collect wild rose, or as it is also called – wild rose , ripens in September-October, when harvesting berries, only ripe fruits are used, which, as a rule, are dried.
Rosehip roots are dug up in autumn, and young shoots and twigs are harvested in early spring.
The most valuable property for the human body that rose hips have is that it contains a fairly large amount of vitamin C. In addition, the plant is rich in polysaccharides, organic substances and a small content of vitamins A, K, E, B and P. and citric acid, pectin, lycopene, phytoncides, tannins, iron, calcium, magnesium and a host of other trace elements – all this gives us rose hips. Parts of the plant – berries, roots or twigs are used to prepare decoctions, infusions, alcohol tinctures, medicinal decoctions.
Rosehip-based drinks have a very low calorie content per 100 grams of the product – only 19 kcal, so you can use it without fear of gaining weight.
Despite the fact that the drink contains few calories, it perfectly invigorates and tones, heals even a severely weakened body . The medicinal properties of wild roses are used to treat internal diseases, to restore strength after a long cold, to stimulate the body’s immune defenses, and even for hair.
However, you need to take medicines based on wild roses with knowledge of the matter. So, for example, this plant can have an ambiguous effect on the work of the intestines – if you take preparations based on berries, then we can say that rosehip weakens. If you use the root of the plant for decoction, its active substances will slow down the production of bile, as a result of which such a drink, on the contrary, strengthens.
Benefit and harm
All parts of the plant have found their application for the restoration and prevention of human health. Indications for its use are available in the following cases:
- restoration of normal physiological functioning of the liver after removal of the gallbladder or with cholecystitis;
- stimulation of the enzymatic work of the gastrointestinal tract due to a decrease or stagnation of bile;
- beneficial effect on the strength and endurance of the heart muscle, normalization of blood pressure;
- stimulating the production of red blood cells, increasing the level of hemoglobin, dissolving atherosclerotic formations on the walls of blood vessels;
- reduces pain and reduces salt deposits in gout;
- normalizes the production of insulin by the pancreas in diabetes mellitus;
- is a means for the prevention of vitamin and mineral deficiencies, stimulates the immune system;
- reduces the risk of colds, reduces inflammation, has an antibacterial effect;
- activates the general tone of the body, mental and physical activity;
- lowers cholesterol levels, improves metabolic and metabolic processes of the body;
- promotes weight loss and cleansing of toxins;
- normalizes the functioning of the urinary and reproductive systems.
Brewed wild rose is universal in many pathological conditions of organs and systems. However, despite the whole range of positive properties and positive feedback from doctors, as well as patients, this herbal raw material has its own side effects. Contraindications for its use are as follows:
- due to the large amount of vitamin C, it is contraindicated in gastric ulcers and gastritis with high acidity;
- with thrombophlebitis and an increased tendency to thrombosis, rose hips increase the risk of developing these conditions;
- endocarditis, pericarditis and other inflammatory diseases of the heart muscle require a careful approach to the appointment of such drugs;
- liver diseases can increase their course when taking shock doses of vitamin C, non-infectious jaundice can develop under its action;
- allergic and atopic reactions of the body can be triggered by taking rosehip-based drugs;
- with caution it is worth approaching the appointment of medicinal decoctions and tinctures with instability of blood pressure;
- those who have damaged enamel on their teeth are not recommended to take rosehip preparations, since the acid contained in them contributes to an even greater destruction of the protective enamel, which will cause sharp pain.
In case of violation of the functioning of organs or systems in the body, a thorough examination and consultation with a doctor is necessary. The independent use of herbal remedies can bring not only benefits, but also cause undesirable consequences.
Women after childbirth, at a time when they have increased lactation, brewed rosehip tea or its infusion can be consumed without fear only if it is known for sure that they have no allergic intolerance to this component. If a newborn baby suffers from constipation, the use of rose hips by the mother will help to loosen the stool in the child. In addition, a rosehip decoction will help a woman restore her body after pregnancy and childbirth – it quickly normalizes the balance of vitamins and trace elements, raises the overall tone of the body, gives strength and vigor, and strengthens the immune system.
It has been noticed that the use of decoctions and infusions of wild rose fruits enhances lactation, improves metabolic processes in the body and restores the hormonal background of a woman giving birth. The use of wild rose helps in the prevention of mastitis and inflammatory processes in the female body.
- Vitamin compote – mash 10-15 dried fruits, add a handful of dried fruits and pour 1500 ml of water, put the container on fire and add three tablespoons of honey to the existing ingredients. From the moment of boiling, remove the container from the heat and let the broth brew;
- Syrup – from 15-20 berries, filled with 500 ml of boiling water, a decoction is prepared, after which it is filtered through a sieve and a glass of granulated sugar is dissolved in it. The finished syrup is sealed in a bottle or container with a tight lid and stored in a cold, dark place.
How does it affect pressure?
The fruits of the wild rose, being a natural pantry of health, have a beneficial effect on blood pressure and the entire human circulatory system. But you need to know how to properly use the power of rose hips so as not to harm the body. So, a rosehip decoction with the addition of alcohol increases the performance in hypotension, and an infusion brewed in water lowers it at high pressure.
To achieve sustainable results, an infusion or tincture is used in a course for 2-3 weeks, taking no more than a quarter cup of medicine per day before meals, because it also helps to increase appetite. After a short break, the course of treatment can be repeated.
The most important thing is not to confuse the methods of preparing the medicine, taking into account whether your blood pressure is high or low, in order to avoid unpleasant consequences.
- In equal proportions, take the berries of wild rose, hawthorn, cranberries and chokeberries, pour the resulting composition with boiling water at the rate of 250 ml per three tablespoons of a mixture of berries. Infuse in a warm place for at least an hour, filter and take half a glass an hour before meals;
- Vitamin tea to strengthen blood vessels – you need 7 wild rose berries, 5 lemon balm or mint leaves, 2 dried prunes, lemon zest. Grind all the ingredients and pour boiling water in a teapot. After 30 minutes we get a fragrant and healthy drink.
How to boil?
It is important to properly dry the collected rose hips in the oven – it is necessary to monitor the process so as not to overdry them to a blackened state. Decoctions are prepared from dried berries, which must be washed well with water and kneaded before use, and each berry can also be pierced several times with a needle.
You should not be afraid that needles or seeds can spill out of the fruit – the finished drink is always filtered through a fine sieve before drinking.
The fruits of wild roses are poured with boiling water and allowed to brew in the heat. This can be done in a thermos, as it maintains a fairly high temperature of boiling water for a long time. It is not recommended to boil berries on an open fire, because in this process all vitamins and useful components will be destroyed.
If you decide to prepare a decoction of wild rose fruits, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- for every 250 ml of water you need to take no more than 10 medium-sized berries;
- the temperature of the water should not reach a boil, it is best if it is brought to the mark of 80 degrees, that is, when the first bubbles appear, we stop heating the water;
- the holding time of the decoction should be at least 8 hours, it is best to pour the berries in the evening, and in the morning you will already have a ready-made decoction that can be used throughout the day;
- a thermos with a metal flask is not suitable for preparing a decoction, since the acids contained in the berries will begin to react with the metal, causing oxidation processes.
In a wild rose, all parts of the plant are healing, but you need to be able to cook them correctly. The preparation procedure is simple, if you know some features:
- A decoction of rhizomes – clean, dry and powdered rosehip roots are taken in the amount of one tablespoon with a slide and pour half a liter of boiling water. Close the container tightly with a lid, insisting the composition for 20 minutes, after which it is filtered through a fine-mesh sieve. The resulting remedy is effective in urolithiasis of the kidneys and urinary system, they are treated with chronic cystitis, the remedy is indicated for use in heart disease and vascular circulatory disorders;
- A decoction of young twigs – fresh young shoots and twigs of wild rose are collected, dried and crushed. For one tablespoon of raw materials, 500 milliliters of boiling water goes, the twigs need to be boiled for 5-10 minutes over low heat, then let the broth brew for at least an hour. The broth is filtered and taken half a glass a day, dividing it into three doses. The tool has proven itself in arthritis, arthrosis, radiculitis, neuralgia, and also has a pronounced diuretic effect;
- A decoction of petals – two tablespoons of dried wild rose petals are poured with half a liter of boiling water and insisted in a warm place for about 30 minutes, and even better – 12 hours. Take this decoction should be 100 ml three times a day to improve digestion and increase immunity. The decoction relieves nausea during toxicosis in pregnant women.
You can prepare rosehip medicines by combining it with other components to enhance its beneficial properties:
- Rosehip and hawthorn. To prepare the drink, you need to take two tablespoons of wild rose fruits and one tablespoon of hawthorn fruits. Berries pour three cups of boiling water. It is best to do this at night in a thermos. The ingredients are insisted all night, and in the morning the strained infusion is taken half a cup twice a day. The drink helps well with pain in the heart, high blood pressure, well calms the nervous system before bedtime;
- Wild rose fruits and pine needles. The composition is used for high blood pressure. Take wild rose berries, onion peel and pine needles in a ratio of 2: 2: 5. Put all the ingredients in an enameled container and pour cold water in a volume of one liter. Bring to a boil over low heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Then remove from heat and let the broth brew under the lid for two hours. Filter the drink and take a quarter cup before meals three times a day. The course of treatment is at least 4 months. But you need to drink a decoction according to the scheme – take two days, refrain from taking it for two days;
- Rose hips and oats are used to remove intoxication products from the liver after illness or poisoning. To prepare a decoction, take two tablespoons of oats and four tablespoons of rose hips. All this is ground in a coffee grinder and poured with a liter of boiling water, boiled in a water bath for 20 minutes, after which the composition is allowed to brew under the lid until it cools down. Strained broth is taken in a glass three times a day in the morning and evening before meals. The course of admission is designed for two weeks;
- Rosehip knot is taken both warm and cold, from which its properties to increase the immune forces of the body do not change. Prepare it as follows: rinse 15-20 berries and pour water for an hour, then put the swollen fruits in a saucepan and pour half a liter of water. Bring to a boil and immediately remove from heat. We insist the uzvar for a day, after which we filter it, warm it up a little and add honey to make a fragrant vitamin drink.
Modern medicine today combines folk and traditional methods of treatment, so rosehip decoctions and infusions are often combined with the main course of therapy.
For information on how to brew rose hips, see the following video.
How to use?
In order for the use of wild rose fruits to have tangible benefits for the body, you need to know how to properly take medicines prepared with their use:
- decoctions and infusions of wild rose take a course of two to four weeks;
- between courses, it is advisable to take a break for a month;
- preparations based on wild roses can be drunk three times a day, sometimes only in the morning and evening;
- taking medicines is best done before meals, since rose hips can whet the appetite, for this reason it is undesirable to drink it after eating;
- on an empty stomach, any drugs are not recommended to drink, because due to the high content of acids, irritation of the mucous membrane of the walls of the stomach can be obtained;
- during pregnancy, you need to drink decoctions with caution, since 10-15 berries contain the daily intake of vitamin C, so it is important not to overdo it with the dosage and not increase the load on the liver.
As you can see, the methods of using this plant are not so complicated. Most importantly, make sure that decoctions and infusions are prepared using high-quality and fresh raw materials, the shelf life of which after collection is no more than two years.
How long can the decoction be stored?
A fresh decoction of any part of a wild rose plant is recommended to be stored for no more than a day in a cool place, protected from direct sunlight. You can’t use spoiled or old drinks, you won’t find any benefit in them, and they can do harm to digestion. In addition, drinks must be protected from access to oxygen, as it leads to oxidative processes of all components.
For the same reason of oxidation, it is impossible to prepare and store rosehip decoctions in metal containers – glass or clay containers should be used. If you have prepared syrup or jam from the fruits or petals of a wild rose, store the finished product in a dark and cool place with a lid tightly attached to the dish.
It is desirable to use it within a year, and even better – for six months. Only if properly stored, rosehip products will be able to give you all the beneficial properties of this plant and improve your body.
The benefits and harms of rosehip broth are interesting for many connoisseurs of home health recipes. In most cases, a useful remedy can eliminate the symptoms of ailments. But sometimes a drink can be harmful, in order not to encounter this, you need to understand the properties of the product.
The composition and calorie content of rose hips
Berries and all other parts of a medicinal plant bring great benefits to the human body. This is easy to explain if you look at the composition, which includes:
- vitamin C – the plant is one of the leaders in its content;
- vitamins A, E, B, K and P;
- natural acids, including citric and malic;
- pectins and phytoncides;
- iron, magnesium and calcium;
The calorie content of the product is very low – only 19 kcal per 100 g. Decoctions and infusions based on it do not lead to weight gain, and this is the considerable benefit of brewed rose hips.
What is useful rosehip decoction for the body
The health benefits and harms of rose hips are closely adjacent to each other. However, the positive qualities of the plant are much more. Rose hip:
- has a beneficial effect on the state of blood vessels, prevents the development of atherosclerosis, increases hemoglobin and promotes the production of red blood cells;
- strengthens the muscles of the heart and normalizes blood pressure, preventing heart attacks and strokes, this is the special benefit of a rosehip drink for men;
- it has choleretic properties, therefore it is of great benefit in case of stagnation of bile, a decrease in its production, or after removal of the gallbladder;
- has a positive effect on the stomach and other digestive organs, in particular, the benefits of rosehip broth for pancreatitis are known;
- strengthens the immune system and helps the body fight viruses and infections;
- eliminates the symptoms of beriberi, improves the overall tone of the body;
- lowers bad cholesterol and has a positive effect on metabolic processes, this is the benefit of rosehip broth for the liver;
- has antiseptic properties, due to which it is beneficial for internal inflammation;
- prevents the development of gout and does not allow harmful salts to be deposited in the joints.
Rosehip decoction is beneficial for the body in gynecological diseases and inflammation of the urinary tract. The medicinal drink eliminates pain and discomfort.
Rosehip decoction for children
Rosehip decoction for children brings considerable benefits. First of all, it is an excellent anti-cold remedy, as it relieves inflammation in the throat and reduces the temperature. Useful properties are manifested in dysbacteriosis and chronic intestinal ailments – a decoction helps to improve digestion in a child, solves the problem of constipation and relieves painful spasms.
For the first time, you can offer a healthy drink to children quite early – after 4 months of life. True, you need to start with very small dosages – only 5-10 ml.
Is it possible to decoction of wild rose for pregnant and lactating women
The benefits of rosehip decoction for women are unconditional – the drink improves hormonal levels and helps fight infections, alleviates the condition during painful periods. And during pregnancy, the benefits of rosehip decoction are also very great – the remedy protects the expectant mother from colds, helps fight toxicosis, and prevents the development of anemia. In this case, it is necessary to remember the dosages and take a medicinal decoction in a volume of no more than 2 cups per day.
The benefits of rose hips for a woman’s body are also in demand during breastfeeding. The properties of the drink enhance lactation, and also help the body recover after childbirth and prevent the development of inflammatory processes in tissues. But here you should be very careful – the baby may have an allergic reaction. In order not to harm the child, the drink should be started with literally a few sips.
How to prepare a decoction of wild rose
A useful water-based decoction is prepared not only from fruits, but also from other parts of the plant. Recipes differ slightly from each other, although there are general rules for preparing a drink.
In particular, it is necessary to brew the drug only in dishes with ceramic or glass walls to avoid oxidation. Also, rose hips are not recommended to be treated with boiling water – to preserve the maximum benefit, parts of the plant must be poured simply with hot water.
From fresh rose hips
Rosehip infusion made from fresh fruits brings the greatest benefit – the content of vitamins, acids and minerals in them is maximum. Prepare the drug as follows:
- the berries are thoroughly washed, then cut in half and the seeds are removed;
- the seeds are thoroughly crushed so that they release the juice, and then they are poured with hot water – the proportions should be 200 ml of liquid per small spoonful of seeds;
- raw materials are insisted for 40 minutes, after which they are filtered through gauze.
While the seeds are infused in hot water, the remaining pulp must also be poured with liquid in a proportion of 500 ml per small spoonful of raw materials, and then boiled for half an hour. When both the infusion and the decoction are fully prepared, they will need to be mixed and taken as needed.
From dry rose hips
A decoction of rose hips is also beneficial if you take not fresh, but dried berries. It is not difficult to prepare a healing drink – first you need to carefully crush the berries, and then pour hot water over it and leave it under the lid for at least 10 hours.
From rosehip petals
Flowers also have a lot of useful properties, since they contain the same vitamins and acids as the fruits of the plant. Petals can be used to prepare a decoction – 2 large spoons of dry raw materials are poured into 500 ml of hot water and left to infuse for 12 hours.
You need to drink such a decoction three times a day for only 100 ml. It helps well with colds and digestive problems, and also effectively relieves attacks of toxicosis in pregnant women.
From rosehip roots
The benefits and contraindications of a decoction of rosehip roots are especially in demand for heart disease, inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system, and atherosclerosis. Prepare homemade medicine like this:
- dry rhizomes are crushed in the volume of a large spoon and pour 500 ml of hot water with a temperature of about 80 ° C;
- the container with the broth is covered with a lid and left for at least 20 minutes, and preferably for several hours.
Ready broth filter and drink a few sips twice or thrice a day.
From rosehip leaves
The properties of the dried leaves of the plant are of great benefit as an anti-cold and anti-inflammatory agent. To prepare a healthy decoction, you need to pour a large spoonful of dry leaves with a glass of water, and then put it on the stove and boil for a couple of minutes.
Then the product is removed from the fire and insisted for another hour, after which it is filtered. Since the decoction is quite concentrated, take it only half a glass three times a day.
in a thermos
Rose hips steamed in a thermos will be of great benefit – a tightly closed container will create optimal conditions for good brewing of the plant. About 4 large spoons of dry fruits are poured into a thermos, poured with hot water at a temperature of about 50 ° C and left overnight. The drink should be infused for at least 10-12 hours.
The finished broth will need to be filtered, and then taken in small quantities up to 3 times a day. Brewing rose hips in a thermos is useful because the high temperature of the water inside the vessel remains for a very long time, respectively, the rose hips actively give up their beneficial properties to the liquid
In a slow cooker
Rosehip infusion will also have useful properties if you cook it in a slow cooker. Pour an ordinary glass of dried berries into the container of the device and fill them with 1.5-2 liters of water. Then it is necessary to set the “Extinguishing” program with a duration of 1 hour, and after this time, after the signal, turn off the multicooker.
The prepared infusion can be consumed immediately. However, it will bring the greatest benefit if it is infused in a closed slow cooker for 10 hours.
What can you brew rose hips with
Since not everyone likes the pure taste of wild rose, other ingredients are allowed to be added to medicinal decoctions and infusions. They give the drink a more pleasant taste and aroma, and the medicinal properties of rosehip broth only become stronger.
An excellent anti-cold remedy is a decoction of rose hips and raspberries. In the cooking process, you can use not only the fruits, but also the leaves of plants, they have the same useful properties.
To prepare the decoction, the ingredients must be taken in equal amounts of 1 small spoon, mixed and poured with a glass of hot water. The decoction is infused for several hours, and it is advisable to drink it warm before going to bed, so that immediately after that you can cover yourself with a blanket. The benefits of rosehip and raspberry tea will be that the remedy will have a diaphoretic effect, relieve fever and eliminate headaches.
Another useful combination is wild rose and hawthorn, especially valuable for diseases of the heart system and hypertension. To prepare a decoction, you need to add 1 tablespoon of hawthorn berries to 2 large spoons of rose hips. The ingredients are poured with 3 cups of hot water and insisted all night – preferably in a thermos.
Take the drug twice a day in the amount of half a glass.
A good antipyretic is an infusion based on wild rose and viburnum. For its preparation, the fruits of both plants are taken in equal amounts of 1 large spoon and poured with 2 cups of hot liquid. You need to insist on the decoction for a standard time – 10 hours, and take it in half a glass up to 3 times a day.
The beneficial properties of rosehip broth are well revealed when blackcurrant is added to the drink. The remedy perfectly strengthens the immune system, has a beneficial effect on digestion and blood vessels. To prepare a drink, dried rose hips and currants are taken in equal amounts, 1 spoon each, and 500 ml of hot water is poured into a thermos. This drink has a very pleasant taste and rich aroma.
Rosehip decoction for weight loss
A rosehip drink can bring benefits and harms during a diet. Vitamins and acids in the composition of the medicinal plant accelerate the metabolic processes in the body, so the loss of extra pounds is faster. Take a decoction for weight loss three times a day for 2 weeks. If you combine the drink with exercise and a healthy diet, the result will not have to wait long.
It must be remembered that the drink should not be drunk on an empty stomach, otherwise it will be harmful, because it will irritate the mucous membranes. You need to use the remedy just before eating and, moreover, do not exceed the daily dosages.
How to take rosehip decoction
The benefits of brewed rose hips for the body will not turn into harm if you follow the basic rules for its use.
- An overdose can be harmful, so you can drink healthy drinks no more than 3 times a day, and sometimes only 2 times.
- The properties of a medicinal plant are revealed during a course of admission, but the duration of treatment should not exceed a month. Long breaks should be taken between courses, also for at least a month.
- Rosehip is not recommended to drink after meals, as it stimulates the appetite. However, in a state of severe hunger, it should not be consumed either. It is best to take decoctions and infusions immediately before meals, so that food enters the stomach immediately after that.
The decoction should not be too concentrated – usually only a few fruits of the plant are enough for 500 ml of water. An excess of vitamin C and organic acids in the body brings the same harm as their deficiency.
How many times can you brew rose hips
The same berries of the plant are allowed to be brewed up to 5 times in a row, their beneficial properties are preserved for a long time. True, during the second brewing, the fruits are recommended to be chopped properly.
How to cook rosehip compote
In its pure form, rose hips have a rather specific taste, and in some people it causes pronounced hostility. But no less is the benefit of rosehip compote, but the taste of such a drink is much softer.
Compote is prepared as follows:
- 15 dry fruits of the plant are thoroughly kneaded;
- add to them a handful of dried fruits, for example, prunes;
- pour the components of 1.5 liters of water and put on fire.
Immediately after boiling, the compote is removed from the stove, and when the drink cools down a bit, stir 3 large spoons of honey in it. The benefit of dried rosehip compote is that, thanks to additional ingredients, it has a double value for health, and its taste is much more pleasant.
The use of rose hips in cosmetology
Useful properties of wild rose extend to the cosmetology field. Decoctions based on fruits and other parts of the plant rejuvenate the skin and strengthen the hair, help get rid of many aesthetic flaws.
For facial skin
A decoction of the plant helps well with increased oily skin – rosehip cleanses and tightens pores, regulates the production of subcutaneous fat. The following home remedy for the face will bring benefits:
- healing broth in the volume of a large spoon is mixed with egg white;
- add a small spoonful of lemon juice;
- slightly thicken the mixture with wheat flour.
A viscous mask is distributed over the skin and kept for about a quarter of an hour. It is recommended to wash off the composition with water with the addition of lemon juice in the amount of 5 drops.
For the health and beauty of hair
The properties of a useful decoction can have a beneficial effect on weak and brittle hair prone to falling out. Vitamins in its composition strengthen the hair follicles and restore the health of the strands. This mask is of great benefit:
- 2 large spoons of oatmeal are diluted in 2 large spoons of rosehip broth;
- add 1 large spoonful of lemon juice to the mixture;
- mix well and distribute evenly over the curls.
It is best to carry out the procedure half an hour before washing your hair, in total the mask should be done twice a week.
Harm of rosehip broth and contraindications
For all its beneficial properties, rose hips can cause harm if you are not careful when using it. Contraindications for decoction are:
- thrombophlebitis and varicose veins;
- stomach ulcer and gastritis with increased production of gastric juice;
- severe heart conditions such as pericarditis and endocarditis.
With caution, you need to drink infusions with increased sensitivity of tooth enamel – a high content of vitamin C can be harmful. The benefits and harms of rose hips for men are also ambiguous, despite the fact that a medicinal drink helps lower cholesterol levels, its excess can damage liver function.
How long is a rosehip decoction stored?
The healing broth does not retain useful properties for long – only about a day in the refrigerator. It is no longer possible to drink too old a remedy – it can cause harm, but there will definitely not be any benefit. When treating, decoctions must be prepared anew every day.
The benefits and harms of rosehip decoction depend on the state of the body. For some ailments, the drink is contraindicated, while for others it can provide significant assistance and eliminate unpleasant symptoms.
Rosehip is one of those unique berries that have a beneficial effect on the human body. The fruits have long been used by traditional healers, and traditional medicine has recognized rose hips. That is why many people prefer to use the plant to treat various diseases. Today we will talk about the benefits and harms of wild rose.
The composition and benefits of rose hips
- Many useful substances accumulate in the pulp of the fruit, but a special place is given to ascorbic acid. Vitamin C in rose hips is 50 times more than in citrus fruits. On this soil, berries are used to increase the body’s defenses with weakened immunity from nature.
- It is worth mentioning that fruits also accumulate tocopherol – a natural antioxidant, vitamin A (retinol), vitamin K, riboflavin, thiamine, pyridoxine and other equally important subgroups. All these compounds endow the shrub with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- The fruits are not deprived of bioflavonoids, organic acids, saccharides of natural origin, pectin, tannins, iron salts. Of the minerals, the most valuable are isolated: magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, calcium, nickel.
- Most often, decoctions are prepared from berries, which favorably affect the functioning of the liver and kidneys. Drinks eliminate excess bile, remove water, stimulate the activity of the gastrointestinal tract. The diuretic effect does not irritate the kidneys, relieves edema.
- Ascorbic acid has a positive effect on the circulatory system, preventing thrombosis and atherosclerosis. Vitamin P, which is also found in rose hips, contributes to better absorption of vitamin C into the walls of the esophagus. Vitamin A, or retinol, stops the action of radionuclides and toxic substances.
- B vitamins, namely thiamine, pyridoxine and riboflavin, are responsible for the activity of the psycho-emotional system. With the systematic use of rosehip decoction, well-being improves and nervousness disappears.
- Other vitamin complexes in combination with mineral compounds provide massive support to the body. For example, iron is necessary for the prevention of anemia (anemia), and bioflavonoids cleanse the blood channels of cholesterol plaques.
The benefits of rose hips for pregnant women
- Women’s doctors do not recommend their patients to use drugs during pregnancy and breastfeeding. There are exceptions in medicines, but this is rare. In this case, rose hips come to the rescue, which helps to cope with the first signs of a cold.
The benefits of rose hips for children
- Children’s doctors unanimously say that it is necessary to introduce rosehip infusions into the baby’s menu, starting from 5-6 months. However, the procedure is carried out under the supervision of parents. The initial dose is 5 ml, gradually this amount increases to 50 ml.
- The main value of the drink lies in the accumulation of ascorbic acid. Vitamin C is needed by the child’s body to boost immunity, prevent rickets, anemia, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- The systematic intake of the decoction will increase the appetite of the baby. Thanks to bioflavonoids, vision loss is prevented. For older children, rosehip will help improve memory and concentration.
- The drink copes with food poisoning and infection with helminths. The infusion removes toxic substances from the cavity, so that the liver begins to work better.
- It is extremely useful to drink rosehip broth for children who live in hot regions. Constant exposure to the sun leads to a lack of vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and iron. And the rosehip makes up for the deficit.
- The high content of ascorbic acid in the product is not always beneficial for the functioning of organs and systems. Vitamin C irritates the gastric mucosa, so the intake of rose hips for people with gastritis against the background of high acidity should be limited.
- It is not necessary to prepare highly concentrated decoctions and tinctures from wild rose. Such compounds adversely affect tooth enamel and irritate it. Rinse your mouth with room temperature water after drinking.
- Rosehip has the ability to stop bleeding and make the blood viscous. If you have a tendency to clot formation, completely eliminate the berries of the bush from the diet.
- People who have been diagnosed with endocarditis should refuse the fruit. With existing ailments of the heart and circulatory system, taking a decoction with rose hips is allowed after the approval of a cardiologist.
- Rose hips have the ability to lower pressure in the arteries. If you have hypotension, you should not use decoctions at all. Otherwise, the pressure will drop to a critical level.
- Prolonged consumption of various drinks on rose hips can adversely affect the activity of the liver. In rare cases, jaundice has been observed.
- If you are prone to constipation, including chronic, strictly control the amount of rose hips you take. Often, the use of tinctures leads to even greater complications.
- With extreme caution, rose hips should be eaten by categories of people who are allergic to citrus fruits. Start taking rose hips with small doses, make sure there are no rashes on the skin.
Preparation of a decoction of wild rose
- Take the required amount of raw materials, rinse and sort thoroughly. Grind the fruits as finely as possible. Send the composition to the pan with an enamel coating. Pour in the required amount of water. The proportions are 1:6.
- As soon as the composition boils, reduce the stove to minimum power. Boil the components for about 10 minutes. Turn off the burner, cover the container with a lid, leave for 2-3 hours. With this cooking method, most of the beneficial enzymes are preserved.
- You can prepare a remedy in an alternative way. To do this, turn a small amount of fruit into gruel with a mortar. Pour 15 gr. product 300 ml. steep boil. Simmer the composition on fire for several minutes.
- Pour into a thermos. Infuse for at least 3 hours. Further, it is recommended to strain the infusion. Drink 70 ml. between meals. A small amount of honey can be added to the composition to give a more pleasant taste.
Decoction consumption rules
- Despite the high benefits for the body, it is necessary to consume a rosehip decoction in moderation. For children under 12 years old, 120 ml is considered the optimal norm. in a day. The course is no more than 15 days. This is followed by a week break.
- To achieve a tonic effect, it is recommended to drink the infusion after waking up a third of an hour before meals. To achieve a choleretic effect, you need to drink the product 3 times a day half an hour before a meal, 80 ml each.
- To improve health in the off-season or with a cold, it is better to drink the infusion warm before going to bed. A small amount of high-quality honey will help to fix the effect.
Healing recipes for rosehip infusion
Such remedies will help improve health and get rid of some ailments. The product is easy to prepare and has invaluable benefits for the body. In addition, tea has a rather pleasant taste.
Tea based on raspberries and rose hips
- You can make a healthy and simple drink from fresh raspberry and rosehip leaves. Add berries if possible. The taste and benefits of this will increase. In advance, you need to prepare and dry the berries and raspberry leaves.
- The medicinal composition has a diaphoretic effect. The drink helps fight high body temperature. The severe migraine and sore throat disappear soon. Viral infections simply die.
- To prepare the remedy, take 20 gr. prepared raw rose hips and 40 gr. leaves and raspberries. Pour the components 300 ml. hot water, wrap the vessel with a thick cloth. Leave the product to brew.
- Drink a warm remedy before bed. It is recommended to wrap yourself in a blanket. After you sweat, be sure to change your bed linen. You should feel much better in the morning.
Infusion of wild rose and hawthorn
- A drink based on flowers or fruits of hawthorn helps to cope with the problems of disturbed sleep. Also, the product is effective in unstable heart rhythm and hypertension.
- To prepare the composition, take 40 gr. rosehip berries, 35 gr. flowers and 20 gr. hawthorn fruit.
- Send the components to a liter thermos. Pour 800 ml. boiling water. Leave the product on all night. Strain the infusion and drink 100 ml. 2 times a day.
Infusion of viburnum and rose hips
- Kalina helps to cope with colds in a short time. Berries enhance the effect of wild rose. The infusion acts as an antipyretic.
- To prepare the composition, take 15 gr. berries of viburnum and wild rose. Place the ingredients in a thermos. Boil half a liter of water and pour into a container.
- Infuse the components for at least 8 hours. After the time has elapsed, strain the drink with gauze. Drink 90 ml. about 5 times a day.
Undoubtedly, rose hips are useful for human organs and systems. Vitamin C is of particular value, which helps to strengthen the immune system during the period of colds and flu. But with improper brewing, all vitamins are destroyed, you can only harm yourself. If you have chronic diseases, please consult your doctor first.