*A review of the best according to the editors of expertology.ru. About selection criteria. This material is subjective, is not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
- Ants are the main carriers of aphids.
- They can destroy seedlings, damage flowers and fruits.
- When the nest is located directly next to the plant, its root system is disturbed.
- Insects carry seeds of weeds and other unnecessary plants around the garden.
- With a large accumulation of ants on the soil, it becomes acidic, as a result, many crops die.
- Trees after insects stay in them are destroyed, the bark turns into dust.
It is worth noting that not only summer residents and gardeners suffer from ants. They bring a lot of problems in apartments and houses. Red ants settle in any place: under wallpaper, baseboards, in crevices and cracks, foundations, even in folds of clothes and dishes. Special, favorite places are rooms with high humidity. In showers and toilets, they spread near pipes, under sinks and bathtubs.
Types of ant remedies
Today, a huge range of products with a different spectrum of effects is presented. They are divided into several types:
- Aerosols . The most popular home ant killer. It has instant action and is easy to use. The downside is that only visible insects are exterminated, while the uterus and other individuals located in places that are difficult to access for processing remain untouched.
- Solutions . The main and undoubted plus is the readiness for use. As a rule, such agents affect a wide range of pests. They are convenient to spray garden paths, foundations, walls, crops. The effect lasts long enough, the product prevents the spread of flying insects.
- Powders . Successfully used both outdoors and indoors. They can be applied both in pure form and diluted in water. The main advantages are ease of use, long-term effect. Disadvantage: outdoors are used only in dry calm weather. When it rains, the exposure time is significantly reduced.
- Granules . The action is similar to powdered preparations. They are also used in garden plots and in houses, basements, greenhouses, and verandas. The main advantage is a more convenient form of release. Unlike powders, they do not affect the human respiratory tract, they do not generate dust.
- Gels . They serve as a kind of bait for insects. Unlike aerosols, it is not necessary to know the exact location of the nest here. The ants themselves carry the substance to the colonies, where the queen is destroyed and the larvae die. Many gels are available in the form of syringes, which are convenient to apply the product to any place. Time of final destruction is from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the number of pests.
- Pencils . Pressed powder is more convenient to apply to the surface. With a pencil, you can draw lines on the floor, walls, ceiling, cabinets and shelves. It is used much longer, and the effect is achieved quickly enough. After treatment, the duration of exposure lasts from 2 weeks to 1 month, which leads to the complete destruction of ants already living in the house and preventing the spread of new ones.
- Traps . An effective and convenient method that does not require dilution with water and other preparatory measures. They are glued at the rate of 1 trap per 5-10 square meters. m under kitchen countertops, along skirting boards, in bathrooms. As in gels, food bait does not immediately kill insects, but allows them to spread the substance throughout their colonies during the day, where other individuals and the uterus become infected.
- Repellers . The method is based on the impact of ultrasonic waves on the nervous system of ants. The compact device plugs into the network, works silently, is completely inaudible to the human ear, and is harmless to people and animals. Many have chosen this method because of its ease of use, which does not involve spraying, splashing or pouring the drug, does not stain hands, and does not affect the health of pets.
So which tool from the above is better to choose? Which one will be effective on the garden plot and garden, and which one will cope better with house insects? Today our experts will try to answer these questions. The rating has selected the best products of various textures and methods of action, which will provide indispensable assistance in the fight against ants, as well as other harmful insects.
Rating of the best ant remedies
|Nomination||place||Name of product||price|
|Rating of the best ant remedies||one||Ant repellant Dr.Klaus Insect Super||460 ₽|
|2||Powder against ants Delicia||665 ₽|
|6||Bros pharaoh ant bait||234 ₽|
|7||Ant Traps Combat Superattack||302 ₽|
|eight||Aerosol against cockroaches and ants Raid||255 ₽|
|9||HELP Spider||149 ₽|
|10||Ant repellent in granules Raptor||173 ₽|
|eleven||Rexant Ultrasonic Repeller||359 ₽|
|12||Clean house||87 ₽|
Ant repellant Dr.Klaus Insect Super
The universal remedy of the Russian manufacturer will help in a short time to cope with the invasion of ants, moths, ticks, fleas, cockroaches on the plot, paths, foundations, walls, verandas of houses, cottages and cottages. Insect Super effectively destroys insect larvae, and its use will not cause any particular difficulties.
When processing lawns and other surfaces, silkworms, leaf beetles, whiteflies, May beetles, meadow moths and other pests are neutralized. The bottle is equipped with an ejector to which a hose is attached. It can be used repeatedly, as the manufacturer produces spare replacement bottles.
According to reviews, Dr.Klaus is an undoubted assistant in the fight against insects. It does not require mixing with water, but is sold ready-made. A small light bottle is convenient to carry around the site, processing does not take much time.
- finished composition;
- the ejector is used repeatedly;
- convenient application;
- destroys many types of pests;
- economical spending.
- not detected.
Powder against ants Delicia
German brand powder is intended for processing areas around cottages and cottages, as well as for the destruction of ants in houses and apartments. The effect of the application occurs in 10-14 days. Due to the powdery consistency, the product can be used in two ways.
The first is to fill up cracks, crevices, nests and ant paths. The second way: it is necessary to dissolve the powder in water and also treat all places where pests appear. Due to the contact action, ants die on contact with a powder or liquid. For a better result, the manufacturer recommends using a powder rather than a solution, as it removes the entire colony of insects.
According to the respondents, Delicia is one of the best effective anti-ants, which helps even when other drugs can not cope with their invasion.
- suitable for outdoors and indoors;
- convenient diffuser cover;
- 100% guaranteed result;
- minimum expense.
- not detected.
Further, we include in the rating an effective and inexpensive tool that helps to destroy pests in summer cottages and protect fruit crops and other plants from them. When processing the garden, the powder is diluted in water according to the attached instructions and sprayed with a spray gun in dry, calm weather.
With a single application, the destruction of red house ants and other pests occurs within 3 hours. The action lasts from 5 to 15 days and allows you to completely get rid of their colonies. The tool copes with a wide range of insects: bark beetle, raspberry beetle, cabbage, whitefly, kidney moth, sprout and cherry flies.
“Karbofos” is designed to remove bedbugs and cockroaches indoors, but many users have abandoned this because of the sharp, unpleasant odor. Therefore, its main use is in gardens and orchards.
- destruction of a wide range of pests;
- quick result;
- repels flying insects;
- low price.
- Strong smell.
“Ant” was created to fight garden ants and protect fruit, flower, vegetable, berry plants and lawn grasses from them. The product is available in the form of a granular powder, does not require dissolution in water, it is immediately ready for use. To destroy insects, it is poured into nests to a depth of 2-3 cm.
The powder acts as food bait: the ants bring it to the colony, where they poison the queen. The protective effect lasts up to 20 days. One application guarantees the complete extermination of the ant colony. The main advantage: the drug is safe, harmless to earthworms, does not pollute the soil.
According to user reviews, the product effectively copes with pests, granules, unlike powder, do not dust and do not enter the respiratory tract, one sachet is enough to destroy a colony of black ants.
- ready for use;
- suitable for all types of plants;
- result after one treatment;
- safe for beneficial insects;
- low cost.
- not detected.
The next tool included in the rating has a wide range of effects, allows you to cope with insects in summer cottages, terraces and verandas, in basements, greenhouses, greenhouses, non-residential premises. “Muratox” destroys ants, mosquito larvae, fleas. Before application, it is diluted in water according to the instructions and the paths of movement, nests and places of accumulation of insects are treated.
As a food bait, a sweet solution (with sugar and honey) is poured into small containers and placed indoors. Impact occurs within 72 hours. The destroying effect lasts 4 weeks or more.
According to the respondents, the drug copes well with cellar mosquito larvae and black garden ants. A quick action and a lasting result, as well as a low cost of the drug, were noted.
- easy to use;
- persistent effect;
- suitable for street and non-residential premises;
- budget price.
- not detected.
Bros pharaoh ant bait
The tool is suitable for use in residential, warehouse, basement and other areas. The bait is placed in the places of the most frequent accumulation of insects. When the granules are transferred to the nest, the uterus, larvae and the entire colony of domestic ants die after 2-3 weeks. Recommended consumption: 1 lure per 5 square meters.
The drug differs from other products in ease of use, does not require mixing with water, it does not need to be scattered or sprayed, it can be used in kitchens and other residential areas. Food bait has an acute insecticidal effect.
According to users, Bros is one of the best means against pharaoh ants, whose nests are located under baseboards, wallpaper, in crevices and foundations. The bait helps to destroy them in the most inaccessible places, when it is simply impossible to apply other means there.
- suitable for all types of premises;
- persistent destructive action;
- convenient application.
- not detected.
Ant Traps Combat Superattack
We include in the rating a means of a brand popular with Russian users. The trap is intended for destruction of insects in rooms. It is safe for animals, can be installed in kitchens, bedrooms, nurseries, medical institutions, catering establishments.
The worker ants bring the bait to the colony, where they poison the queen and other insects. The delayed action of the drug allows individuals to return to the nest and infect other inhabitants before dying. Traps are placed in places of accumulation and along the paths of movement of pests. They are installed at the rate of 1 per 5 sq.m.
After gluing the bait, the death of ants occurs within 2-5 days. The action lasts up to 2 months. The Combat Superattack tool has found wide application not only in everyday life, it is used by organizations involved in professional disinfection activities.
- for all types of residential premises;
- high insecticidal action;
- safe for animals;
- long lasting effect.
- not detected.
Aerosol against cockroaches and ants Raid
The tool instantly destroys ants, fleas, spiders, centipedes, bedbugs, cockroaches, as well as their larvae. Its action lasts from 4 weeks to 6 months depending on the type of insect and does not require additional spraying. The composition is based on a natural aqueous solvent.
The aerosol is effective in hard-to-reach places: in crevices, cracks, under window sills, along skirting boards, behind cabinets, near pipes. The agent is applied in places of accumulation of insects, as well as on the path of their movement, then they leave the room and, after completely absorbing the liquid, ventilate it well.
According to the respondents, aerosol is the most convenient packaging format that allows you to treat any surface without any problems. Also, the fastest result of the action compared to other means and a fairly economical consumption were noted.
- instant result;
- convenient application;
- destroying effect up to 6 months;
- suitable for all types of insects;
- treats hard to reach areas.
- not detected.
In the rating, we selected a universal remedy against ants and flies, which can be used outdoors and indoors. It does not require dilution, the granules are ready for use. They are scattered in places of the greatest accumulation of insects. The swivel cap with holes helps to apply the right amount of the drug and control its consumption.
The action lasts up to 2 months. “Spider” helps to completely destroy the colonies of garden and house ants, as well as get rid of flies. Eating the granules, the insects spread the substance to the nests, where the uterus and other individuals become infected.
According to users, the product has a very convenient packaging for both storage and use of the drug. The duration of exposure, economical use and affordable cost were especially noted.
- finished composition;
- long-term protection;
- for outdoor and home use;
- Convenient lid with holes.
- not detected.
Ant repellent in granules Raptor
“Raptor” helps to effectively deal with house and garden ants, it is used in household plots, along paths, on terraces and verandas, in greenhouses, basements and living quarters. The agent can be used both in dry form and dissolved in water.
Contact action allows you to quickly destroy insects, as well as transfer them to the substance of the uterus and other ants in the colony. The result occurs within 14 days after application. A long residual effect creates up to 2 months of protection. Consumption per 1 sq. m – 10 g. Garden areas are recommended to be processed in dry calm weather.
The opinion of the respondents is unequivocal: the product quickly destroys red house and black garden ants, is easy to use, is economically consumed, and has an affordable price.
- suitable for outdoor and indoor insects;
- long-term action;
- can be used in residential areas;
- does not dust, does not enter the respiratory tract.
- not detected.
Rexant Ultrasonic Repeller
Next, we include in the rating a means of a completely different action than the drugs presented above. The repeller has several modes of ultrasonic waves that create discomfort and panic attacks in ants, are not noticeable to the human ear, and are safe for people and pets. Variable frequency does not allow pests to develop immunity to sound effects.
The device is suitable for use in apartments, cottages, enterprises, warehouses, shops, hotels, public catering facilities, production facilities. The coverage area is 30 square meters. Power consumption 5 W, mains powered 220 V.
Buyers noted the result already for 2-3 days of use. The repeller is effective against house ants, as well as garden ants. Light weight, miniature size, budget cost plus high efficiency are the main advantages according to the respondents.
- harmless to people and animals;
- compact size;
- silent operation;
- affordable price.
- not detected.
The tool was created to fight black garden and red house ants, as well as cockroaches. It is produced in the form of a gel in a syringe with a dispenser, with which it is easy to apply it to any, even hard-to-reach places. The drug is recommended for use in places of accumulation of insects and on the ways of their movement.
The destruction of pests occurs after 1 day, so that they do not die immediately, but spread the substance through the nests. The drug retains its properties for 4 weeks and prevents the spread of new individuals.
Gel “Clean House” can be applied directly to the floor, it can be easily removed from any type of surface. One 35 ml syringe is enough to treat 25-50 square meters. m of surface, depending on the number of clusters of ants.
The appearance of ants in an apartment, like any other insects, is perceived by a person quite negatively. These tiny creatures are able to crawl on any surface, including places where garbage is stored, as well as places where food is stored. Naturally, such migrations do not lead to anything good: infection is even possible. Therefore, having found ants in the apartment, it is highly undesirable to postpone the fight against them.
In our time, on the market for insect control, you can find various drugs, in various forms of release, with varying degrees of toxicity. In addition to chemical means of struggle, you can try folk remedies that give good results. Although they are not as effective as chemical ones, they are practically safe for humans and pets.
Where do ants come from in the apartment
Ants appear in private houses and apartments for two reasons: they are attracted to warmth and food. Therefore, they move into similar conditions from basements, garbage chutes, stairwells and garbage dumps. Moreover, with the onset of cold weather, their numbers increase sharply and this is not surprising. The dwelling of a person suits them quite well, since here you can find food or its remains, sufficient moisture and warmth.
To find a place where ants have made a nest, you need to know that they are attracted to high humidity. Such places can be kitchens or baths. As a rule, the nest is located under the floor covering. Worker ants enter the dwelling through various cracks. In any case, you can trace where the ants carry food for their relatives.
The main reasons for the appearance of ants in the apartment:
- The habit of leaving crumbs, drops of jam, tea, compote, etc. on the dining table.
- Not timely release of the bin from garbage.
- Easy access to moisture due to high humidity in the room, resulting in condensation.
- The presence of cracks in the floor, in the area of \u200b\u200bbaseboards, under window sills and in other places.
- Ventilation systems have gratings with large cells or none at all.
Types of ants that appear in a human dwelling
In private houses or apartments, there are three main types of ants:
- Pharaoh ants . These include small and red. They are attracted by high humidity and food, as well as the presence of secluded places to build a nest. These ants are of tropical origin and do not survive in open spaces.
- Turf ants . They have an almost black body color. They settle at the joints formed by paving slabs or asphalt (including in cracks). In addition, they can also be found in panel houses, where there are many poorly sealed joints. From such secluded places, these insects raid apartments in search of food.
- Ant thief . These are small insects that prefer to steal food from their relatives, such as red ants. Brown or red ants can settle in places where wood rots, so they can easily appear in cabinets, drawers or tables made of natural wood.
What is the danger to humans and homes
Ants are just as dangerous to humans as cockroaches, for example. Ants on their paws carry pathogens of various diseases, as they are in basements, garbage dumps, garbage chutes, etc. Therefore, the appearance of these living creatures in apartments is completely undesirable, like other harmful insects.
An effective remedy for ants in the apartment
In order for the fight to be as effective as possible, one should not wait until the number of such insects becomes rampant. Timely control, combined with preventive measures, will get rid of pests once and for all.
As a rule, the use of toxic substances is limited by a number of conditions. They should not be used if small children, pregnant women and infirm family members, as well as people prone to allergies live in the home. But you can’t be upset, because you can use folk remedies. Although it will take more time to get rid of insects, the effect will be obvious.
Ants live according to their own laws : at night they rest, and during the day they show their activity. Cockroaches, on the other hand, hide during the day and go hunting at night. Therefore, the presence of ants can be easily detected during the daytime. They appear where there is something tasty left. In fact, ants have a sweet tooth and love everything sweet: even a piece of sugar attracts these insects, not to mention jam, compote, honey, etc. If you follow them, you can see a living path from the nest to those food products to which there is free access.
Chemical control agents
The advantage of chemical control agents is that they are highly effective, regardless of the number of insects. Their use is especially important at high numbers, when it is difficult to cope with them with folk remedies and traps.
Effective drugs include:
- Gels – “Global”, “Combat”, “Brownie”, “Raptor” and others.
- Aerosols – “Get”, “Raid”, “Combat”, “Karbofos”, “Raptor”.
- Crayons and powders – “Clean House”, “Mashenka”.
- Special traps with toxic bait – “Raid”, “Clean House”, “Raptor”, “Combat”.
Note ! Regardless of the degree of toxicity, the use of chemicals requires the use of personal protective equipment. As a rule, they use: a respirator, goggles, rubber gloves, as well as tight clothes with long sleeves.
Folk remedies for ants
Folk remedies are made from simple and affordable components that are not harmful to humans. These remedies have been tried and tested for centuries and have never failed, although it takes patience and determination to be effective.
To combat ants in the apartment use:
- Pharmacy chamomile . Dried flowers are crushed to a powder and scattered along ant trails, as well as in other places where insects are supposed to appear. A special type of chamomile is used – pyrethrum. This plant is absolutely safe for both people and pets.
- Garlic is also highly effective against ants . To do this, take a clove of garlic and peel it, after which they smear the ant path. You can also take finely chopped garlic, after which it is applied with a brush to problem areas. Since the substance dries quickly, this must be done every day.
- Bait No. 1 is made on the basis of boric acid, jam and fresh yeast. The same amount of ingredients is taken and mixed, with the addition of water or sugar syrup. The mixture is spread over small containers and placed in various places. One ant can poison several more ants.
- Bait No. 2 also consists of boric acid mixed with the yolk of a boiled egg. This tool is quite effective against cockroaches. As a rule, small balls roll and are laid out in problem areas. Works the same way as #1.
- Bait No. 3 is prepared on the basis of boric acid and honey. Take an equal number of components. Small balls roll and are laid out next to the ant path. If you roll up tiny balls, then the ants will be able to carry them to their nest, which will allow them to deal with these insects much faster.
- Bait number 4 . This bait includes boiled potatoes and the yolk of a hard-boiled egg. The potatoes and the yolk are mixed, bringing them to a state of puree, adding powdered sugar and boric acid to it. Small balls roll from this composition and are laid out in places where ants appear.
- Bait number 5 . To prepare such a remedy, you will need borax, sugar, glycerin and water. The same amount of each substance is taken. Borax baits are just as effective as boric acid baits. They are used in the same way – basically they roll balls and lay them out in problem areas.
- Bait No. 6 based on essential oils. Such baits do not kill insects, but scare them away, forcing them to leave their nesting sites. To prepare active solutions, you need to take 1 liter of warm water and add 20 drops of any essential oil of plants such as mint, eucalyptus, lavender, fir or citrus to it.
- Bait No. 7 based on anise seeds. To begin with, the seeds will have to be crushed, and then added to unrefined sunflower oil. This liquid lubricates the places where ants appear. A sharp and persistent smell will make the ants look for more comfortable places for their further life. In addition to anise seeds, it is permissible to use other plants, as in the previous case.
As practice shows, it is much easier to deal with ants than with other harmful insects. Since they show their activity during the day, it is not difficult to calculate their location. It remains only to use any available means of struggle.
The use of traps is considered the easiest and most affordable way to deal with various insects, including ants. The fight is greatly simplified, since it is not difficult to lure the ants. In addition, the cost of manufacturing traps is minimal.
Simple ant traps:
- From an ordinary glass . In a glass, somewhere halfway, the bait is poured in the form of sugar syrup or jam (you can just pour water and add something sweet). The trap is set closer to the nest. Ants will try to taste such a treat and simply drown.
- Made from double sided tape . Adhesive tape is glued on one side to any base, and on top, closer to the center, you need to place the bait. It can be a drop of honey or a berry from jam. Insects will try to get to the bait and simply stick to the tape.
If a person follows some rules of everyday life, then you can simply prevent insects, including ants, from entering your home. For instance:
- Maintain perfect cleanliness in the kitchen, leaving no food residue behind, as well as take out the garbage in a timely manner.
- Do not allow excess humidity in the apartment, eliminating various leaks in a timely manner, without watering the flowers beyond measure and without leaving wet rags.
- Timely close the cracks that appear in the floor, within the skirting boards, next to the window frames, as a result of drying out of the wood.
- Take preventive measures by repelling insects with strong-smelling ingredients such as essential oils.
- Monitor the condition of attics and basements, promptly calling special pest control services.
How and with what to deal with ants, the owner of the apartment chooses, depending on the existing living conditions. If everything is done systematically and correctly, then the result will not be long in coming. At the same time, it should be borne in mind that chemical control agents are often unacceptable in a person’s home, since they have a certain degree of toxicity. Folk remedies are safer, but less effective and not as fast acting.
Ants cause adverse sensations in many people despite their harmless appearance. They can penetrate anywhere, spoil both food and good mood. But you should not give up, and allow small insects to continue to run quietly on tables and other furniture. It’s time to think about how to get rid of them, and what exactly is needed for this.
Why are domestic ants dangerous?
- The main danger of these insects is that they are carriers of various bacteria . In just a few minutes, an ant can move from garbage to food, thereby making it unfit for consumption;
- In self-defense, a certain type of ant can bite a person, this problem is especially great for people with allergic reactions;
- Flying ants are especially dangerous. They live mostly on garbage heaps and it is much easier for them to get into the house;
- The appearance of other parasites, due to the deterioration of the sanitary situation of the home;
- Deterioration of well-being of pets.
Attention! The most dangerous for people are large forest ants , they are usually brought into the apartment through clothes and personal items.
In particular, red wood ants spread their poison not only by skin contact, but also at a distance, they are able to throw their acid 25-35 centimeters. The skin immediately becomes red and swollen, and a small blister appears.
The following symptoms are also characteristic:
- burning sensation;
- Mild but annoying pain.
Important! The bites of red ants are very painful and dangerous. Two or more bites can pose a risk to a person’s life . In some cases, even anaphylactic shock and coma are possible. Timely hospitalization will help to avoid a lethal outcome.
If small children live in the apartment, special attention should be paid to the fight against ants , in order to avoid unpleasant situations.
Even for the psyche these creatures are harmful. The development of their colony, constant activity, brings physical discomfort, causes depression, chronic fatigue.
Bitten by an ant. What to do?
- Remove the insect , and find the bite. It is possible that there is more than one bite, so it doesn’t hurt to spend some time and ask someone for help in order to find other bites (they look like blisters);
- Wash the affected area with soap and water , and then treat with hydrogen peroxide;
- Apply ice .
When bitten by a red ant, not just a blister will appear on the body, but a thermal burn. It is necessary to immediately call an ambulance to examine this bite and prevent negative consequences.
Advice! In order to protect your home to the maximum from the penetration of unpleasant insects, it is worth checking your clothes and other things for the presence of small pests in advance, especially after walking in the forest.
Remedies for ants in the apartment
One of the most effective pesticides. In a few hours, it will rid the apartment of ants. However, ants have their own specifics, due to which the effect of this drug is temporary. The aerosol gets rid of only the “outer” ants, and the heart of the entire nest remains alive, and recovers quite quickly. But if you know where this nest is, then aerosols are the best solution.
List of effective aerosols:
- Kombat . Product made in Korea. It comes with a lemon and mint aroma, and thanks to this it does not leave an unpleasant odor.
- raid . Very effective remedy for both ants and other insects.
- Raptor . Everyone has heard of this tool. The substances of this drug will perfectly cope with ants, and the smell will not bother the owners of the apartment at all.
- Get . It has a non-standard principle of operation. The agent penetrates the insect through the integument of the body, unlike others that penetrate only through the air.
In most aerosols, the active ingredients are harmless to humans. But still it is necessary to apply them in compliance with the attached instructions . It is very easy to find an aerosol in specialized stores, their prices are completely different.
One of the main advantages of these tools is their cost-effectiveness. They are applied carefully to corners and surfaces where pests are often found.
The poisoned gel is carried by the “outer” ants inside the nest, where all other insects feed on it. This is a significant advantage over aerosols.
But with the help of a gel, pests can be removed no earlier than in a couple of weeks.
List of effective gels:
- Fas . Helps to cope with both ordinary ants and forest ants. This gel has a lot of positive reviews on the Internet, which you can rely on when choosing the right product.
- Raptor . The gel can be used together with an aerosol of the same company, undoubtedly, in total, their result will be faster and more reliable.
- Anteater . Paralyzes insects, and leads them to death within 7-10 minutes.
Pencils against ants
For those who are of the opinion that aerosols and gels contain toxic substances that harm humans, the ant pencil seems to be the ideal choice. But do not think that he will easily save you from insects. It will take much more time than other methods.
The only crayon that managed to get a lot of approvals is ” Mashenka “. It is worth drawing three stripes for them in places where pests are frequent, as well as under baseboards and next to furniture, and the chalk will begin to act.
The main advantage of this crayon is a very low price.
Powders against ants
Powders are similar in their action to pencils. They are scattered on places of frequent movement of insects, or dissolved with water and sprayed on surfaces. Ants, eating it, also bring particles to the nest. However, the powders harm the ants rather than completely get rid of them.
More often it makes sense to use powders and crayons only as a prophylactic .
Let’s move on to the list of tested powders:
- Delicia . The drug causes paralysis in pests. The powder is dissolved in water according to the instructions and sprayed in the right places. However, he cannot please with the price.
- Muratsid . It begins to act within 24 hours, and at the same time, absolutely everyone can afford it. Also diluted with water.
- Asp . The powder is diluted with water, according to the instructions. Belongs to the class of low hazardous substances.
This is a new remedy for ants. Traps first lure insects and then get rid of them with an electric
al discharge or poison. One of the main advantages is safety , since only ants are in contact with the poison.
List of modern traps:
- Clean house . For one room, you will need from 6 to 12 pieces, depending on the area of \u200b\u200bthe room and the number of ants. The term of use is up to two months.
- Trap . This is a glue trap that keeps insects away. Only one or two traps are enough for one room.
- Taracid . The trap is based on the famous boric acid, which kills insects very quickly.
The good old folk methods that have been used throughout time, of course, should not be overlooked. Consider the most effective of them:
- Cunning baits based on sugar, jam and honey, saturated with poison – boric acid . The main disadvantage is the complexity of preparation, but despite this, the bait works great. An ant carries a particle of poisonous sugar to an anthill, where mass poisoning occurs;
- Chamomile . Medicinal chamomile is sold in any pharmacy, and most importantly, it is absolutely safe for humans. Ants simply cannot stand it, and try to hide away from the dry plant, however, you should not think that it will completely rid the apartment of ants;
- Sweet water . Pour water into any container and sweeten it. The ants will crawl onto the sugar and then drown in a simple trap;
- Egg bomb . Egg yolks are mixed with boric acid (10 grams), and then divided into small balls, and laid out in suitable places. However, if there are animals in the house, it is better to refuse this method .
Ants are not as harmless as they seem at first glance, do not underestimate them. The main means of prevention is a clean house. These pests are not interested in a place where there is nothing to eat. Therefore, you should clean your apartment from accumulated debris in time, keep food not in open space, but in places specially designated for this. And of course, do not forget to look through your clothes after visiting forests, parks and garden plots.